Much ado about nothing! WOOT!

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I can see you have been very productive here.
Had the stomach flu........:| sooo sick all weekend.
Had two of my chickens killed yesterday morning.:hit
Then my daughter went off to college yesterday afternoon.:/
So been busy planting all day, trying to keep my mind busy and get caught up on everything that went to s**t while I was sick.
Its almost time for school ticks..........

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
the simple life said:
I can see you have been very productive here.
Had the stomach flu........:| sooo sick all weekend.
Had two of my chickens killed yesterday morning.:hit
Then my daughter went off to college yesterday afternoon.:/
So been busy planting all day, trying to keep my mind busy and get caught up on everything that went to s**t while I was sick.
Its almost time for school ticks..........
:aww
school started today.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
For me, yesterday was a bust. I got up and did the normal animal chores, then decided "you know what? I'm not doing a darn thing today!!"

<sigh>....and today I pay for that, lol....gotta mow the grass, clean the fron flower bed, and clean/re-straw the kennels...whew!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh pioneergirl
you said it so true in your post

whenever I "go slow" for the day I pay dearly for a day or 2 after trying to catch up....so fast a farm can snowball out of control and the household stuff.
man, maintenance etc. on everything just eats up time. :(

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
EXACTLY!! It just seems that what was just 'a couple things' has suddenly turned into 2 days worth of work...gggrrr, but at least my weather is cooperating.

*sulks off to water MIL's flowers, clean off the deck, pull the clothes off the line, mow the grass, clean the kennels, clean off the bench in the garage, vacuum the living room............

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Its crazy how fast everything can fall apart when you sit down for a minute.:)
At least thats how it feels.
I am still trying to sort out everything today.
I had the stomach flu and was useless for three days.The first day that I felt okay I had to deliver my daughter to college which is an all day affair and my teenage son babysat the little ones while I was out... need I say more.
I am still trying to catch up. I cleaned the yard yesterday and carved out an area for where I am going to keep my bees next spring. I planted like crazy and built some platforms out of some pavers we had left over from the driveway. I washed walls and baseboards last night until midnight.
I have my son mowing the lawn right now, since he wants to borrow the car he didn't argue.. much.
I figured I would peek in here and see what was going on, I gotta try to finish the rest of my housework today, I have a sore throat, believe it or not, I am getting sick now with something else and I want to have everything in order.