Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pioneergirl
being less structured does not mean becoming UN-GLUED....HA HA HA HA
you had me cracking up! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The next birthday I have here I am going to have a barnyard theme and tell all the kids they are farmers for the day,
then I am going to have them:
clean the chicken coops
clean and fill all the feeders and waterers
rake out the chicken run
collect eggs
whitewash the coops
dust the chicken

*******simple life----that is priceless and smart! Free farm labor and the kids learn and have a farmer-day blast! COOL

yea I do see what you are talking about with kids. I don't know where "parenting" left the situations you describe. Maybe parents are so busy now working all the time to pay the bills, that the kids just get left to fend and it is easier to ignore then have to have the energy to correct????---just a guess but I sure see it out there in the world.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
ok, ok, so I didn't mow naked...but....:rolleyes:

And I think the Farmer for a Day is an 'EGG'CELLENT idea!! lol..maybe we can expand it in the summer to Gardener for a Day, or Landscaper for a Day, Maid for a Day......hhmmmm......this has TONS of potential!! :lol:

So what would all of us adults do with absolutely NO STRUCTURE for one whole day? I mean if we stop and think...one day where all of our chores were taken care of, kids, meals, work, etc....what would we do with that day? :ya :woot :idunno

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL-LOL---civilization as we know it would be over.....NO RULES, NO BILLS, NO WORK---lets go for broke!!!
:)

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Is everyone getting ready for fall now?
I have been battening down the hatches so to speak.
fixing up what needs to be fixed, painting what needs painting.
I just spent two days painting my yougest girl's room, how I hate dealing with all that.
I primed and painted every inch of that room, and the floor guy just put the last coat of poly on it today.
The old wide pine floors look incredible, all sanded and glossy.
So, I got her new curtains, bedding and lamps and we are good to go.
She already had new furniture, so no extra expense there.
I love doing stuff like this for my kids, they really appreciate it too, she is so excited!
So now to finish the new chicken coop and get the chimneys cleaned.
My husband is going to get the firewood this week.
I feel good about everything so far.
Did all my fall cleaning, every inch of the house scrubbed and the closets and cabinets all cleaned out.
I just have to do some major shopping to stock up for the winter, I don't want to have to do any kind of shopping unless its for fresh stuff, but everything else I want to have here.
I am going to the feed store tomorrow to buy bulk of everything.
I have a feeling its going to be a bad winter and I don't want to deal with the crowds at the market everytime it snows.
I can't believe how close it is to the cold weather already.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did all my fall cleaning, every inch of the house scrubbed and the closets and cabinets all cleaned out.

******Simple Life---please come to my house...please....HA HA

you have done very well. I agree with you --I am getting the "get ready" itch also. I am laying in supplies a little and getting that fall feeling and winter is then not far behind. But being in NC we have a long way to go before the cold truly hits here. One Christmas it was 65 and wow, that was such a wonderful weather day. Beats the 40 deg. day....LOL

I am doing like you soon. I am building an addition to the house, a family room off the back. When that is done I am repainting the entire house and start fresh and new. Love it and can't wait to do it. I bet your daughter loves her new room!!!!