My $1700.00 Deer

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the air deflector back on, so the dear damage is now fixed. I left the air deflector off because my son and son in law helped put on a new steering gear box. I'm still sore from changing out the steering gear box. What a PITA that was. Chevy engineers should be taken out back and be beaten. They welded a triangle support bracket to connect the frame right in the way of the pitman arm nut. My son took a torch and heated up the triangle bracket to cherry red and bent it out of the way with an adjustable wrench.

Anyways... They sure don't make it easy now a days. Now i can steer the truck with my finger. My wife and daughter's will be able to drive it again. I even got the $150.00 annual jesse white (Illinois Secretary of State) front license plate put back on, but not pictured here.
IMG_20191110_114458244.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First time driving at night, since i put the veggie hauler back together and I mean what better time to try out my new headlight but in the first snow storm of the year? Well my lights were aimed way to low, even the brights hit the snow right in front of the truck :(

So I limped along with the fog lights until,I got to the dollar general. I pulled in next to a new dodge ram that was running with it's headlights shinning on the building. Lucky I had a Phillips head screw driver in the center console. So I got out under the hood and adjusted my head lights just a tad higher than the lights hitting the building from the dodge ram. So I guess that is the absolute last thing to do with fixing up the $1700.00 deer damage.

The body shop estimate says .5 hours to aim lights, try maybe 2 minutes in the snow.
IMG_20191111_212150.jpg

Now my lights are fine and I can see very well.