My dog keeps staring at me

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
The earthquake bit is a tried and true method for sure, but since you're medicating him, I think you will not be shaking anytime soon :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
The earthquake bit is a tried and true method for sure, but since you're medicating him, I think you will not be shaking anytime soon :lol:
Lets hope so!

Vet said to cut back to half dose twice a day and see how he reacts.

Thanks everyone for seeing what I missed!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
Shiloh, thanks for planting that thought in my brain....where is the earthquake smiley? :lol:

BubB.....he seems to have settled quite a bit, no more pacing. I gave him the med 3 1/2 hours ago , maybe it is wearing off a smudge....it is a twelve hour dose. But I am about to call the vet any way.

Thank you for all the great input....well except for the earthquake bit :thumbsup
Awwww, sorry about the earthquake part. I hoped you would take it as a joke. :)

And like BubB said, since you are medicating him ... well, I'd look to the most obvious cause first. :)

My cats got squirrely before the earthquakes. I DO think animals can sense oncoming things. Always makes me nervous when they seem to be hyper or worried about something, and I don't know what it is ...

I used to have a G Shep who would go in the kitchen and stare at a space near the back door and growl. There was a screened porch ... nothing could have gotten in. And he seemed to be looking INSIDE the house ... it was kinda creepy.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I get pains in my knee before earthquakes so I'll give you a heads up. :D

When my dog follows me around and acts odd I usually assume there's something wrong with me. :idunno

g

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Maybe a quake is the real reason his cane is shakin' :old Just kidding.
Maybe he wants you to hang out with him outside - not just go potty and come back. My kitty used to take me for a walk sometimes. She would try to get me to go check out all her favorite spots in the neighborhood. It really felt like she was being a tour guide. But I don't think the neighbors would like me crawling under their trailer to enjoy the shady spot.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It might be coincidence. A lot of bell trained dogs will ring it over and over to get attention.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
It might be coincidence. A lot of bell trained dogs will ring it over and over to get attention.
Haha, the worst thing I ever did was to bell train a very smart but very sensitive pup. I ended up removing the bell. I don't want to be the doggy-butler.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
tortoise said:
Haha, the worst thing I ever did was to bell train a very smart but very sensitive pup. I ended up removing the bell. I don't want to be the doggy-butler.
aint that right!!! the folks who had Lucky did this. i could beat them because of it - all it did was make a pushy dog. now he's learned he can sit there QUIETLY.

hey D - i wanted to say how much i enjoyed reading this. i think the best thing about it is....

you noticed and you asked.

i think you get like 5 gold stars for the day. GREAT WORK!!!

ps all that stuff about animals knowing when the earthquakes are coming is a buncha poo! my cats didnt even wake up when we had The Big One.. they just kept sleeping! ha!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Shiloh, no worries! I did take it as a joke....but I do think there is some truth to animals picking up on that....unless they are cats belonging to OFG, then I guess all bets are off!

Tanks, do you need my phone number so you can call and let me know when the big one is coming?

The weird thing? Hubby had a nightmare the night before I posted this, that California had a massive and completely devastating quake.
Coinkydink? I hope, but let's face it, we ARE overdue.

I cut Teddy's pill in half last night and he seemed fine, I am just about to give him another so I will keep an eye on him.
Thanks!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
The dose may eventually be correct, he just might need to get used to it more slowly. I have that problem with many meds. :/

Latest posts