My Log of our Homeschooling days.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ok, first, I may or may not post here everyday...just wanted to make that clear :p

Today was day one of my "playing" idea. Kids were really gung ho about it!

Today we "surveyed" a piece of "farm ground" that we purchased from a local farmer and we *gasp* broke it up into a house allotment (sad, but true happenings).

328_100_2618.jpg

They divided out 4 lots for homes. Then painted the building area for the "houses" orange and the yards green. The middle unpainted areas will be roads and a park. That was their decision LOL

Then we used a yellow crayon to mark yellow "survey pins" at the edge of each property. I am going to get some yellow push pins to put in there because we can't see the yellow crayon dots.

They used paper, popsicle sticks, and playdough to make for sale signs. Then each kid chose a lot to "sell". Well, no one's buying until someone gets jobs and makes money to buy LOLOL (that's another day!)

328_100_2625.jpg

Today we worked out the taxable value of their ground. They decided to have each property value at $50 an acre, and then they chose their asking price for the lot they are selling.

The lots range right now from 1.65 acres to 2.1 acres. They were pretty proud of themselves.

328_100_2629a.jpg

Tomorrow we are working out yearly taxes for their lots, and they are going to decide their jobs.

Today they decided minimum wage to be $5 an hour.

DD is a horse critter. DS1 is a kitty, DS1 is a kitty, and DS3 is a frog. :D

Right now everyone is renting space at Bookshelf Apartments until they are able to buy and build their homes.

Going to be scouting out some small cardboard boxes for their homes in the makings. I also have small scrap pieces of material that I am going to use to sew them some curtains, toy pillows, bedding, etc so they can purchase items for their homes. :)

I am ready for a nap!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It looks like you may need to edit and add some stats here, lol.
I found myself asking......How old are your kids? over and over.
And laughing, OMG I love the for sale signs, oh and the JOBS, ROTFL.
I need some specifics.....Who was the surveyor? did they get paid?
OMG.... you did good.
TIred yourself right out didnt you. :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
My kids are 9, 7, 5, 3, and 3.5 months. DD is the oldest.

I was trying to find a way to homeschool the older ones, and involve the younger ones at the same time so the little ones aren't off by themselves getting into God only knows what LOL

We were all kind of the surveyor. They learned that surveyors map out property lines (they already kind of knew that since ours was surveyed last year for real).

We used a sewing tape measure as our property measure LOL We scaled it waaaaaaaaaaaay down....12 inches = 120 feet LOL so each lot was 120x120 plus yard, which not all of the yards are the same size.

Nope, the surveyors didn't get paid.

Oh and they are trying to decide on a town name, it's down to 2, Leaping Corners or Buckville....LOL they said I could let my friends on here vote, and they'll go with whichever one wins LOL

And yes, I was exhausted! I wanted to do more with it today, but there was just nooooo way...I forgot how kids have short attention spans and they had to have frequent breaks so they didn't tire of it.

ETA: mail just ran...look what was delivered today.......our first Critter!!!

328_100_2633.jpg

The kids are so super excited. It's a miniature with its own miniatures LOLOLOL

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
roosmom said:
mmmmm QA, do want to have more kids? ROTFL

Well I for one think you did a good job.
Check your pm's!!!

And thank you :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
really cool Quail

$50 an acre.
I am in. where do I contact the realtor?
LOL

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
really cool Quail

$50 an acre.
I am in. where do I contact the realtor?
LOL
Yea, no kidding right? LOL I was trying to keep the numbers small so they could work them more easily.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Today we had a snow day....which means we bundled up, went outside, and threw snowballs at eachother until we were good and cold.

Came in and warmed up, then went outside and chased eachother (and chickens) in the snow. :D