My next series of classes via teleconference....deals p 3 post #30

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Classes forming in January! No need to brave the weather or even get dressed.learn and get inspired in your pjs!

I will be starting another Transitions Lifestyle series of classes in mid-January, 2010. This will be via teleconference, and will take place on Sunday evenings at 7 PM, EST. Classes will be about 30-60 minutes in length, depending on the topic each week. One class, on deceptive labeling practices, may go a bit over an hour, but is my most requested class, so I will be very thorough.

The focus of the series is about living a healthy lifestyle. This includes weight management, but please know that this is definitely for people of a healthy weight, too. There is more to vibrant health than a perfect waistline.

The price for the series and some supplies will be $295.00 (or much less.see below.) This is the same series taught in doctors offices for $595.00.

I know money is tight this year for most of us, so I will include money-saving tips each week, and completely bust the myth that it costs more to live a healthy lifestyle. Our grocery bill is much lower than most everyone I know, and we eat like gourmets! The food portion of the series is based on real food.

I will also offer special deals to special people. Please contact me for details to see how you can qualify. A hint: It involves taking the class in pairs or small groups, and the price will drop dramatically..barely above my cost (about half price.) If enough people join us, I can afford to run the series for much less. I far prefer to have a bunch of people each paying less over having just a few people paying a bunch of money each.

Oh, and one of the nice things about teleconferencing.you never have to miss a class. I will record each class, and if you need to miss a class due to illness or an emergency, you will be able to listen to up to three classes via recording at no additional cost.

Please tell anyone you think might be interested, and feel free to contact me with any questions via e-mail or PM. I will also be happy to discuss the appropriateness of this program with your doctor if you have health concerns. Another hint: Your doctor will be thrilled! I can send him/her a published pilot study as well.

Any questions?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I took free's last class and I learned so much it was life altering...no kidding! I am so excited about this new class I can't wait!

The tele-conferences were a dream, I could make dinner while I listened to the conference. It was so easy to make them fit around MY schedule. I even called in during my lunch time and had a little picnic by the ocean while I listened to a class. If I didn't quite take good notes, I called it back and listened again. If you call in while she is actually giving the class, you get to ask questions at the end of class.

Free has a wonderful way of describing things that makes the information easy to understand. Her class was also entertaining to boot...I found myself laughing out loud often! :p (Free, you so funny!!)

Sign me up free!!! I'm working on my sister, hopefully she will join with me. :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I am SO not techno-savvy. One of the dogs stepped on something and knocked out the computer. I had to wait for dh to get up from his nap (third shift tonight....poor guy....but we have great health coverage!) to press a button or two and reconnect me to the rest of the world. Sheesh.

Abifae, yes, you can listen to the recorded versions. I do limit the number so that everyone doesn't just listen to the recording and I end up talking to a recorder with no feedback....it is much harder to be lively with no one out there listening live! But if your circumstances don't allow, I make exceptions. We will all look forward to hearing your voice when you can join us, though.

Delia, it is great! Live and in person is always best....I tend to jump up and wave my arms around and act things out when I teach in person, and I have to control myself on the phone....that alone has entertainment value......Remember, BBH, when someone came to the door and the dogs went nuts and it ended up being the husband of someone in the class? I still laugh about that one. I'm still confused, too. :lol:

Karen, lots of stuff about living a healthy lifestyle. I try to make it a supportive environment that encourages change but is not dogmatic about it. Lots of ideas and options so each can customize it to their life. The pilot study (dh was in it, a friend of mine was one of the investigating docs, so I was immersed in the information and really learned it) focused on weight management, but so much more came from the study. All of the patients who were on meds reduced or eliminated their meds within the study period of eleven weeks, twelve classes. It was pretty amazing.

Some of the topics will include (but not limited to!): The science of weight loss and why diets don't work, understanding the glycemic index, good fats/bad fats.....you might just finally understand the differences between saturated, unsaturated, polyunsaturated, mono-unsaturate, trans fats/hydrogenated fats, essential fatty acids, etc.....Also good carbs/bad carbs, the misleading label and advertising, cleansing and plateau's, supplements, a bit on dna (easy, light stuff, don't worry), stress and weight gain and stress management, exercise basics, how to raise your metabolism and what might be slowing it down, how to cheat and manage travel, holidays, family gatherings, and the like, without getting off track.

My favorite stories are from parents who take the classes for weight loss, then start sneaking "good" foods into the family meals, and see a difference in their children's health. BBH told her story elsewhere on the forum. I had one lady, a few years ago, who I thought of as my "heckler." She gave me such a hard time, arguing, complaining, saying that she couldn't/wouldn't change and could never lose weight, blah, blah, blah. On week five, she came in to the class uncharacteristically quiet. She told about her 9 year old son who had missed many, many days of school due to a mystery illness that no one could figure out. Then the doctor asked her when he pooped last. Neither she nor her son knew. So she tracked it. Nine days. He was being poisoned by his own poo.

She brought it up in class because with the few little changes she'd made at home, the kid was pooping and off his meds. In one month. And she was only incorporating a tiny bit of what she'd learned with the family, as they were resistant to change. She was in tears before she could finish the story.

Then the following week, this woman who COULDN'T lose weight, told us she was cutting a client's hair at the salon where she worked and with her hands raised over the person's head.....her pants fell down around her ankles! In a busy salon! She'd lost that much weight and didn't know it, because she only wore elastic waist clothes.

I saw her about a year later and asked her how she was doing. She told me she'd made it through the holidays for the first time in her life without gaining any weight....she didn't lose, but didn't gain, and had a good time and didn't feel deprived. She'd lost so much weight during the year that when she got out her winter clothes, she found a top that was so big that she cut it up and made a tablecloth out of it!

Ahhh, memory lane!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Weight Watchers is about $150 last time I checked. Transitions study participants lost double the weight and triple the inches on their waists in 12 weeks vs 12 months on WW!!! Plus the meds thing, previously mentioned.

Anytime you do something to improve your health, you save money. It is a great investment.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What if you still have "bad" food to eat up. We really can't afford to give away all the food that truly isn't good for us. Do we just incorporate some healthier things to go along with it while we eat it up?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely! This is a lifestyle, not a diet. Anytime you add a new good habit, you are ahead of the game. Look at it as a three year plan. Some jump in with both feet, some need to go slower. It took me about 2-3 years, so not to worry. You won't get spanked. :lol:

Latest posts