My next series of classes via teleconference....deals p 3 post #30

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is my first time on the forum since Christmas, and I'm going to chime in to add accolades to Free's class & teaching.

Really, as BBH put it, life altering.

I've lost weight, my skin looks better, I have more energy.
DH hasn't lost much weight, but I'm pretty sure he's sneaking junky stuff on the sly. His reflux & intestinal issues have almost completely cleared up, though.
DS has lost weight and has not once gotten sick this fall, other than a mild case of the sniffles. He ALWAYS gets pretty seriously sick in the fall.
DD no longer struggles to gain weight. She's been a skinny minny since she was a year old or so. Her weight is now appropriate for her height and I can't count her ribs at 30 yards.

I have not implemented everything that free taught, some simply because I don't have the resources available, like raw milk. Others because I've lost a few pages of notes and since there was soooo much information given, I don't remember that she even taught it. And still others that, as free said, just don't fit with my lifestyle.

I will have to pinch some pennies to do it, but I'm taking it again.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What about the supplements? Do you have to buy the supplements to lose weight?

Sorry so many questions. We need to make some dietary changes in our life and we need to lose weight but I just don't do well on an actual diet and I just don't know if we can afford to buy all kinds of extra supplement pills.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ksalvagno....I just wanted to chime in that we have made a lot of changes just based on chatting with Free here. I have taken baby steps and am continuing down the path to be as completely free of bad foods.

I don't do well on a diet either, but I have found that this lifestyle works very well for me. I have lost weight, gained energy and have a nice pink hue in my cheeks!

Baby steps!

Edited to add that I have only adopted a couple of Free's ideas and am excited to really learn how to incorporate more of this lifestyle into my daily life. My Dh and 2 dd's have some digestion issues and I am bound and determined to fix them!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
DH hasn't lost much weight, but I'm pretty sure he's sneaking junky stuff on the sly
Husbands are really just giant kids sometimes, aren't they? :gig

What about the supplements? Do you have to buy the supplements to lose weight?
Proper nutrition will take care of most problems and I would guess that most people do not need them if they follow a low glycemic, traditionally prepared eating plan.

I eat low carbohydrate (less than 50g/day for the most part) and do get proper nutrition, but I am still undoing many decades of damage so I take a few supplements...

Fish Oil
Vitamin D3 (in winter)
Selenium (just started this)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:hide I never take supplements, I know I should but I have a very hard time taking pills. :sick

My daughter's health has also improved, she is doing so much better in school than she ever has. I mentioned this here in the past, she brought home 4 A's this semester. She usually struggles with D's and C's.

My grocery bill hasn't really changed all that much. I made a few adjustments, like less wine and more expensive milk.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WZ, aren't they just? :D

My grocery bill went down a bit, not a lot since we were already very frugal. Every little bit helps though.

I don't do supplements either. Unless I go to give blood. I'll get the health department to check my iron. If it's low, I'll dose with an iron supplement a few days before I donate. It hasn't been low at any of my dr. visits recently.

Diets are for movie stars and super models, not real folks. We need a lifestyle change. Something permanent but flexible. This is the essentials of what Free taught in the class I took.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
abifae said:
interesting thing about this lifestyle... my grocery bill is up BUT my overall food budget is down.

count up all the fast food emergency meals, stops at the gas station where you grab a soda or candy bar, going out to eat, vending machine pretzels at work...

and then i look at now where i ONLY eat what i cook so that big ol' grocery bill is the only food budget...

i'm saving a LOT of money!!

i should have the money for the class in any case, but i'm trying to get a bunch of people at work interested because we discuss food and nutrition all the time and i think they'd really enjoy a proper class about it. of course, they're all broke too :D we do work at the same place LOL.

i, however, am saving money like crazy because i don't trust things like jobs so i have enough in savings to do things like this class.

*gloat* i saved 10% of my gross income this year! (i have no kids and no car lol)
That is wonderful abifae!! My 13 year old eats like she is in a hot dog eating contest! :th