My own goat thread-almost a goat drawing

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Okay, I'm breathing again. We can do this. We aren't even sure when we'll have a goat in milk yet. I haven't been back in touch with the guy with the nubian yet. I think her kid goes to its new home tomorrow though. I won't be able to bring her here until the kids from the vet are here anyway. She'll be too lonely.
I got two feeders for Mother's Day!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
IMG_0024.jpg

Okay, it's not a goat. It's a moose according to the artist. But I love it!!! :love

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Very cute!! I love the mouth or nose or whatever the line is....it is too cute!

I forgot to say earlier....when you open a bale of hay, try to cut the string as close to the knot as you can and save the string...put a couple of hooks up and save it up. It is useful for SO many things. I just used several pieces, along with some cheap bamboo stakes, and tied up my peonies. I have the greenish natural twine, so it will disappear into the foliage.

If you plan on milking your doeling at some point, which you do, I strongly recommend getting an experienced doe first. You will have no trouble finding a home for her once your doeling gets going, if you want to, but now that I am milking Ginger....wow! I am so glad she is not my first experience with milking, because I might've just given up!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Very cute!! I love the mouth or nose or whatever the line is....it is too cute!

I forgot to say earlier....when you open a bale of hay, try to cut the string as close to the knot as you can and save the string...put a couple of hooks up and save it up. It is useful for SO many things. I just used several pieces, along with some cheap bamboo stakes, and tied up my peonies. I have the greenish natural twine, so it will disappear into the foliage.

If you plan on milking your doeling at some point, which you do, I strongly recommend getting an experienced doe first. You will have no trouble finding a home for her once your doeling gets going, if you want to, but now that I am milking Ginger....wow! I am so glad she is not my first experience with milking, because I might've just given up!
Thanks. I was visiting Stella online again. I haven't given up. I do think I want more than one doe. I was talking to friends at church and the more I talked the more people wanted to know if there would be extra milk. I think they expect me to give them our surplus so they can try making cheese and soap. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm not worried about having too much!

Latest posts