"My Wife is an Animal Lover"

mchl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Do you all feel a little sorry for people that are clueless ? I see the economy tanking, the world going a little crazy, food prices going thru the roof. What happens when the stores close down and these magic chickenless eggs and no animals were hurt meat cant be found? We that can do might be allright but what about our animals are people too friends? sorry did I say that out loud?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:gig

You do feel sorry to a point. Then you say "You have to have made some serious efforts to be this clueless" and start laughing.

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

You do feel sorry to a point. Then you say "You have to have made some serious efforts to be this clueless" and start laughing.
I love this, I really agree. At some point you just don't want to know and start making things up to make yourself feel better.

My daughter is 11 and swore up and down she wasn't going to eat our New Zealand doe that we had butchered. But when she smelled it and saw us eating it she decided she loved rabbit and now goes out to tell them all how tasty they are going to be. :lol:

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sekinkead said:
Wifezilla said:

I love this, I really agree. At some point you just don't want to know and start making things up to make yourself feel better.

My daughter is 11 and swore up and down she wasn't going to eat our New Zealand doe that we had butchered. But when she smelled it and saw us eating it she decided she loved rabbit and now goes out to tell them all how tasty they are going to be. :lol:
That is how it was with my young SIL, she was about 11 and had/has a really tender heart towards animals. My Dh shot a hare and I cooked it up for dinner. At first she wouldn't eat it, she couldn't imagine eating such a cute animals. But after seeing our enjoyment of it she tried it and enjoyed it as well. I don't know if I would say she loved it, but she did like it. :)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So this reminds me of people who "save" other animals from the grasp of a carnivorous animal.

Like, listen, no one likes to watch a whale eat a baby seal or a polar bear eat a penguin. But its a fact of life, you cry over the cute animal and move on.

A customer was telling me yesterday how she "saved" a pidgeon from a hawk. So you're going to let the hawk, who most are endangered, die from starvation since you took the STUPID over populated pidgeon??

Awesome.

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was just thrilled to get her to actually try something new. She is so very picky and I think she floored all of us (hubby, DS and I) when she tried it. Then she actually really liked it and can't wait for our other NZ's to breed so we can eat more rabbit.

MS Pony, some people...:/ Like we need to save the pidgeon.

mchl

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 8 yr old daughter that loves everything, as long as she gets to help plant, harvest, or process it. quite amazing what is good if you just try it.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of eating bunnies, I was cooking 2 bacon bunny mummies :drool for a gathering. One of the girls (12-ish) threw a FIT when I told her what it was. You CAN'T eat bunnies, she said.
So I told her, No, I can eat bunnies all I want. If you don't want it, there's plenty of other stuff.
Then she smelled it on the grill.
Then she took a very tiny sliver from her mom's serving.
Then she grabbed a whole hind leg. She cried while she ate it, but she ate the whole thing.
When I asked her why she was crying she said "Because its so cute I have to cry, but its so good I can't stop eating it!!!"
Man, was that bone clean! :lol: