MyHouseIsAZoo2's SS Journal

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have the same trouble; NO SELF CONTROL. What I finally have done is I made some cookie mixes, using stevia and sugar mix for sweetener, and I made them in small batches of 1 dozen. We have them for dessert that night and then there's no more for a while. Since I have to make them, I have time to assess whether I really want them; and since I have the mixes at home, I'm better able to resist buying store-boughts etc.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm normally really good at resisting the temptations of sweets (having been prediabetic at one point of my life and the prices/ingredients in them) but sometimes my cravings get the better of me :'(

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good (late) morning everyone!
I didn't get to post it yesterday but a lovely Gentry came to my house last night and traded a rabbit and rabbit feed for two of my hens. I gave him three hens since I'm strongly believing the rabbits male (haven't been able to flip it yet but there's no dew lap and its well over 6 months old) and I needed to thin my flock a little bit. But he also bought two more hens! So I lost 5 hens but gained twenty bucks, some rabbit feed and a (hopeful) male bunny. Whether the rabbit pans out to be male or female I should be okay
If the pictures decide to load I'll post some up so u guys can see the newest addition and what's left of my flock

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
IMG_20150211_103209.jpg

A front shot of the new bun (looks like Millie!)
IMG_20150211_103215.jpg

The guy I traded him for had gotten the bunny with a pen (sadly pen wasn't up for trade) and said he'd had the bun for 3 months and the guy before him 6 months. He believes the bun had originally been purchased as a pet for the original owners child but says the kid didn't care for it very well. :'( it seems like a sweety and is one big dollop of a rabbit!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is both an exciting and sorrowed day.
I suspect the bunny I traded for has snuffles so if it doesn't get better soon I will be losing it (putting it down)

On the bright side though
IMG_20150213_105250.jpg
One of my ducks has laid their first egg!!!
Its kind of waxy looking is this normal? I guess I should look it up... Also is there a possible way to tell if its fertilized without incubating or cracking it open?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you got boy ducks, the chances are real good it's fertile. I know our boys never miss a chance to do their job, lol. Congrats on your first egg!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There's no way to tell if it's fertile w/out breaking it open, or letting it hatch. But, as Britesea said, if you have boys, chances are real good that it's fertile.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I've done it again I bought 3 more buns o_O
Two are definetly male (both 12 weeks)
The last one is female (?) We're not sure but fairly positive its a girl(7weeks)
Been working on making cages for the buns too, I'm building two rather large (5ft long, 2ft tall) cages right now and am thinking of making a large run for them. But I have to wait for my cage clamp's & pliers to show up in the mail cause apparently NO stores in my area supplies any parts :mad: Grrr!

Also got my taxes. Paid for a new part on the car set me back almost $400 good news is that I can turn the old part in and get 50 back (that I can use to start my garden)

:eek: I have too many ideas for gardening and probably not enough space.
00p0p_3JHPk7A24wf_600x450 (1).jpg

I'm thinking of doing something like this for some aquaphonics(sp) with fish in the bottom and plants on the top :D