MyHouseIsAZoo2's SS Journal

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I saw an interesting idea for aquaponics (I'll try to find the link for you) where they used a toilet flushing mechanism to flush the greens with the poopy water- no electricity needed and and all automatic.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm glad they said they'll give me the $50 back with the old part but we'll see how that goes ' -'

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I saw an interesting idea for aquaponics (I'll try to find the link for you) where they used a toilet flushing mechanism to flush the greens with the poopy water- no electricity needed and and all automatic.
I would love that! I've been super pumped about This style of gardening for a while after watching videos of the Tower Garden on YouTube :oops: I'd love to have a few of those around my home but that price tag makes my wallet cry out in agony.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm not do e with it yet but I've spent a good majority of the evening working on a massive rabbit cage
IMG_20150227_003558.jpg

Its 5ft long 2 feet tall/wide and when I've finished it there will be two doors and hay feeders onto the cage too

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks!
Its been one heck of a project worked on the doors a bit more today but I've gotta get a grinder to buff out the sharp edges. My arms look like a cat tried to use em as scratching poles at the moment :confused:
All in all I'll be glad when I'm done building them all (then its all outer frame work which should be relatively easy)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All those sharp edges can really be a PIA. When I build cages now I've learned to cut the wire where it leaves a piece to fold down inside the cage so there's no sharp edge.

But, it looks like you're using hardware cloth so that would be a whole bunch of wires to fold! I do that when I'm using 1 x 2 wire.

Can't wait for the finished pic!!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do you find that hardware cloth gives your buns sore hocks? There's a huge debate about it but I don't think it'd be an issue so long as I give them something else to stand on as well

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fantastic :)
I'm thinking of making the boys pen smaller this 5 footer was a bit of a pain and I want to build at least 2