MyHouseIsAZoo2's SS Journal

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well we discovered that Cadbury is a female... I should have double checked when I got them but being a newbie I couldn't tell how to sex the bunnies at the time. :'( oh well that just means I can shop for another! :D we got new neighbors two days ago from what I can tell its a large group of men (oh boy we're the girls next door!)
I need to thin my flock a bit as youngest sister has fully quit coming to care for her hens -.- I'm rather upset by this as I like my hens and have grown a bit attached to a few of them.
Still no eggs from my ducks, I'm starting to worry that I'll never get any from them (if that's the case then they'll have to go too as I won't eat them and I already have too many pets) :(

On the plus side I've been doing more canning with Twinnie we've done pears, cowboy candy, salsa, wax beans and green beans along with more shelf stable pickles.:drool also have been slacking on making food food at home but I made whole wheat pancakes tonight (using the skinnytastecom vers.) I'm already not a huge fan of their version, though I can't find the version of pancakes I used before.
We've also started working on our front yard and have started moving forwards with our plan on upscaling it into a garden :love:love:love
We just have to wait for our refinancing to be finished so we can start on it! I plan on using every bit of space I can and have found a lot of amazing ideas on Pinterest! I don't even care if my neighbors think I'm some crazy hippy lady

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Twinie beat me to it lol.
I haven't had it before so I'm hoping its not too hot! Ate some of the leftover sauce with pasta and it was a bit spicy but really tasty!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fanally met one of our new neighbors today, sound like he lives with his brother, brothers lady friend and a buddy of his. Also sounds like the brother is really big into gardening (and raised ducks before!) so I might have someone else to talk about gardening & ducks with!
Slept most of today but was able to go down to Home depot and buy some supplies so that I cab start making my rabbit Hutch's this week.
Found a guy in state whoms willing to trade some of my hens for a bunny, it would be good for me whether its male/female cause I'm looking to replace Cadbury since she's taken to biting anyone who puts their hands in or around her cage :'( only problem is he's like an hour away! So I'll have to see if he's willing to meet me halfway or closer to my home since I'm not a huge fan of super long car trips...

Made lip gloss with Twinnie tonight and rough guessed some of the weights which probably wasn't a great idea as it feels a little too waxy and doesn't spread too easy if it's cold... Oh well live and learn.
Probably gonna go to bed soon since I hotter be up early tomorrow for P.O.W.W.O.W then work

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well not sure how I'm up still since I've been up since 5-5:30 this morning and its now after 11pm. Pow went well though for some reason my parents and the littlest sis kept lollygagging though I kept reminding them that I had to work at noon -.-
Got bell peppers, tomatoes, Mexican grey squash, pablanos peppers (I think... Their deep green and kind of shiney) yellow squash, green beans and separately purchased some girl scout cookies. My wall broke and though I knew I didn't have cash for it. I wanted them i had to have them and I got them and they are so delicious in all of their sugary didn't need this in my body/bloodstream glory :drool and I haven't regretted a any of them.

Made some veggie noodles for dinner using some of the grey squash and a veggie/noodle device my mom bought for us. Was delicious pan fried with Himilayan salt, garlic, black pepper and just a tab of celery salt.:drool
Anyhoo, I'm going to zonk out for the night.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bought some girl scout cookies, got my absolute favorites Thin Mints and Samoa's!

However I have next to no self control when they're in the house and gobble them right down :'(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Last box of thin mints that I had, I left in the truck. I think I was able to make them last for 4 days that way.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sadly most sweets are like that for me, since I don't normally buy/make them I gobble down a ton of them when I do. And what isn't eaten in the first 2-3 days max is never eaten ands up getting wasted :'(