Mysterious lurkers on the SS forum

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I
and if you don't think posting on this forum gets you on a "list" somewhere... you are dreaming[/quote
I like to think I put myself on the list Britesea;) In any case I did receive some new garden catalogues that were welcome while the snow is on the ground.

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have not been here in a while. I know over at BYC a lot of people quit posting when the format changed. I almost did, because the old computer hicupped with the new format. My computer died and with the newer one everything worked better. I have realized that BYC has become more entertainment for me than learning. It is still my go to for chicken problems, but the girls have been good, so I just goof around over at BYC.

I think I used to feel that if I did not add something to a conversation, or had a question, then whatever I did was just padding and thus annoying.
Now I believe that gratitude for the information is a ligitamate reason to post.

However, if I do not find the spell check I will not be posting much. Because if I have to figure out a different word for everything that I know I do not know how to spell, It just won't happen.
Meanwhile just pretend that I spelled everything correctly until I find spell check!
nuts. I can not even get the smiles to work. oh well. things are slow this morning.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been on both sides of lurking. Sometimes you just want to click through some search results without signing up for yet another account.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If I'm not sure how to type a word, I start to type it in the search engine. More often than not-even if I totally butcher the spelling, I'll be able to find the correct spelling.

As for the smilies, look at the tool bar at the top of the message box. You'll see a happy face. Click on that, and you'll have your smilies. We don't have all of the same ones, though. We no longer have the one that says, Welcome to SS.

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If I'm not sure how to type a word, I start to type it in the search engine. More often than not-even if I totally butcher the spelling, I'll be able to find the correct spelling.

As for the smiles, look at the tool bar at the top of the message box. You'll see a happy face. Click on that, and you'll have your smiles. We don't have all of the same ones, though. We no longer have the one that says, Welcome to SS.

Thanks! my son showed me how to use the search engine spell check. Now if I misspell something It's inexcusable.

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been discovered...lurking.
Got to admit when I first joined I felt like I was a thread killer too! My very first post ever, on this site, was met with unkindness, so I learned really quick to keep a low profile and, well...LURK.
I have been amused, educated, and entertained!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Post anyway-especially pictures of the beautiful horses in your avatar!

pepper48_98

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, I am one who lurks. I do enjoy reading about what people are doing to be self sufficient. I have meat chickens (standard Cornish), bore goats, and am on my 2nd bottle calf, who will be ready to butcher soon. My goal is to raise as much of my food as I can but am still learning. I rarely post because I don't feel I have anything to add.

Latest posts