NAIS, will you participate if they make it the law? Or will you...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Aren't you guys headed for an election? If there is resistance, maybe that is why it seems dead in the water for now......

This reminds me of our Canadian bill C-68 where they tried to register all guns. i believe that was around 8 years ago. We Canucks, the laid back complacent people that we are, actually rebelled and even though it was mandatory by a certain date to register our guns, only an extremely small percentage of the people actually did.

What most ppl did was stockpile their ammunition. the govt extended the date of registry several times, and ppl were not registering.

now as it sits, if you purchase a gun from a place of business, it is registered automatically. but alot of ppl still buy guns from other ppl, and those guns are not being registered.

You can't really stockpile feed though......

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I'm not sure that I believe NAIS is dead in the water.
Farm Mom---you are right. Nothing ever goes away once the govt. starts something...it will be worked on and changed and will be in our faces again at some point!
Unfortunatley.

Maidservant

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
More people will end up forgoing meat because of prices being passed to the consumer, and it will put 90% of the small scale breeders out of business.

Where I live, you don't trespass or you may have a gun trained on you, and it's not just our property that's like that.

I raise rabbits, and if I had to register each one, they would be three years old before I could eat any of them. Especially knowing how slowly our government moves. With that being said, I do sell rabbit meat, but only for dog/cat food and I do eat it myself when I have extras. I make absolutely no profit from it except for the joy of raising them. It's a good month if they pay for their feed as it is.

Emily in NC

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It is voluntary to register. But lucky for us our Govenor(only good thing she has done) was the first to make it unneccasary to register here in AZ.