Name your top three sufficientself hair styles =P

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:gig Some of you have really long hair don't you?! My goodness!

My hair decides to stop growing at my sholders. It has always had a mind of it's own. Never could get it any longer than sholders. :/

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Brush and go, down.
Pony tail if I'm trying to look neat.
Um, just outta bed, too much to do, no time to brush, hanging in straggly lines around my head..........

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:gig Some of you have really long hair don't you?! My goodness!

My hair decides to stop growing at my sholders. It has always had a mind of it's own. Never could get it any longer than sholders. :/
Same here, BBH.....it used to be down to my waist in 6 th grade and then my mom cut it to shoulder length and it never, ever grew back. Weird! :/

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
It was almost hitting my waist and I was getting headaches if I wore a ponytail. :barnie I had to braid it at night to avoid rats nests. I cut about 8 inches off in August. I needed the change. It's shoulder length now and a bit longer in the back. Just brush it and wear it down mostly. Ponytail. Headband pretty often. I like it, but will let it grow through the winter.

My husband pouted for . . . not sure. Has he stopped yet? :tongue
He has long, thick, dark red hair. It's great. He just does a hairband at the back of the neck to keep it out of his face.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Anyone remember Buster Brown? I have his haircut. LOL I have very fine straight as a board hair. You know - limp and lifeless. LOL
I wear it straight, all one length, just about chin level. Wash, blow dry, and ready to go in less than 4 minutes. Fix it in the morning and never see a mirror again until the next morning.
I tell folks it just hair. Its on my head, which is where it is suppose to be. It looked ok this morning so it must still be ok since its still on my head.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have the straight as a poker, baby fine, lifeless, limp, mop too. I used to cut it myself, about 3" long, then did a home perm to hide the bald spots. :gig I liked the short curly doo, but dang it always grew back straight again. It would drive me nuts hanging in my eyes. By the time it got to my shoulders, I'd get disgusted with it all and cut and curl it again. Finally, I gave up and let it grow. It grew to my shoulders then stopped for along time like it was expecting me to cut it again, but I didn't. Now it's down past my waist and seems to have stopped again. It's been there for nearly a year. My last hair cut was 8 years ago.
Most of the time it's in a ponytail at the crown of my head pulled tight for a free face lift :D sometimes I'll braid it if I'm energetic enough, and once in a great while I might leave it loose or with headband to keep it out of my face. When I find another good clip (lost my last one :rant ), I have brushed it up, twisted then clipped it. If I did this while wet/damp in the morning, by evening if taken down would make nice wave/curl. Great and easy way to do lifeless hair when you have an evening dress up (usually once a year christmas party we go to :lol: ) such is my life.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Most of the time it's in a ponytail at the crown of my head pulled tight for a free face lift
That's a handy SS tip! I think my hair would pull out at the roots by the time I got the lift that I need, lol! :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Pony tail just about always. If it is hot or I am going somewhere and want to look "groomed" I will wear it in a bun. It is always somewhere between chin length and somewhere around shoulder length. I cut it myself once a year, in the fall, after all the summer damage is over with. :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
I love all your clever baseball cap slogans- mine just says "UlcerGard- prevent the Ulcer." Free from the vet and good advice too. :lol:
:gig

I had a shirt once that said in upside down print, "If you can read this, please put me back on my horse." Or something like that.