Names with Faces - Post your picture here!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
firem3---I checked ya out. Nice pics and no judging here on you! :)
nice family!

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ok here goes it! Don't laugh! me and dh. CHEESE.
10-20-200880714PM.jpg

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ps, this is before dd which means before obsesion with coffee which means not so white teeth anymore.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Awww, TX Honky, you're quite beautiful. Love the horse, too.

reinbeau, that is a spectacular pic! Maybe I can talk DH into a drive to the mountains this weekend. Have you ever been to Cades Cove? It's in the Smokey Mtns. This weekend should be just about the peak of fall colors. Although, it's been so dry here lately, they may be dissapointing.

firem3, great pages - and ditto what Karen said :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep, we went up to the Cades Cove area, it was funny, there was snow up there, and lots of people were up there throwing snowballs at each other - for them the snow was a bit of a novelty, I guess! That was a snowy winter down there. We usually go late February early March, when Greg is laid off. I'd like to go when it's warmer, but that's when his business picks up and hopefully he's back to work. Anyways, winter down there is so mild, we're coming from mid-February weather around here in Massachusetts, it's usually pretty bad right then, so to see them frolicking in four inches of snow is pretty funny!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Yep, we went up to the Cades Cove area, it was funny, there was snow up there, and lots of people were up there throwing snowballs at each other - for them the snow was a bit of a novelty, I guess! That was a snowy winter down there. We usually go late February early March, when Greg is laid off. I'd like to go when it's warmer, but that's when his business picks up and hopefully he's back to work. Anyways, winter down there is so mild, we're coming from mid-February weather around here in Massachusetts, it's usually pretty bad right then, so to see them frolicking in four inches of snow is pretty funny!
Ann, 4 inches of snow is a blizzard around here. We can't drive in the stuff either. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1-2 inches shuts down North Carolina in my area...LOL
what makes me laugh is the number of school closings EVEN IF IT IS PREDICTED....they just close even if not a flake..HA HA

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My goodness. It is in the 60's here. I am glad I am not there. Snow is okay but when we get the first snow here people are goofy. They act like they don't know what it is or how to drive anymore.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Nothing stops the people around here from driving in so much snow you would not believe it. Just doesn't faze anyone. Its a good thing too because we get ALOT of it.I am already thinking about how much shoveling we will have to do to get to the chicken coops this winter.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
living in NC without real snow is a blessing to me cause honestly it is a hard job. snow can be tons of extra work in the winter, and darn it, it is cold outside! to work snow and freeze...BBBrr...give me the south anyday..LOL