Natural remedies for fibromyalgia/muscle pain/arthritis?

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I read on AOL yesterday about some natural remedies for arthritis. I can't seem to find relief for my fibromyalgia, so thought I would try a few of them. One was apple cider vinegar, another was cinnamon and honey. I started these yesterday.
From previous posts, I have read that some SS members have tried these. Would you care to give us an update on what you have tried for pain conditions, if it did/did not work, and if it did work how long did it take? I've tried vitamins and other commercial supplements for FBM, but they say they take 4-6 months to see improvement, and I've never stuck it out (or had the money) that long.

Thanks for taking the time to share. I'm sure many of us appreciate the info.

YardFarmer Julie

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My hubby's Great Aunts who were identical twins. Those old gals worked an acre garden until they were in their upper 80's with only hand tools! They seemed to always be spry and in good health. They also drank a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water three times a day for years and years. They swore by it for arthritis pain.

I tried it, but I could not be regular enough with it to say if it would work on me. I have psoriatic arthritis and am on Dr prescribed medication now that really seems to be working. It is called Avara.

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you do the ACV thing, Either drink this through a straw or rinse your mouth with plain water after you drink. ACV can be very damaging to teeth.

I recommend 2 baby aspirin daily and a good fish oil supplement. This won't make a huge difference, They help decrease overall inflammation in the body.

Lyrica (prescription) works well for Fibromyalgia pain.

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks farm fresh- I had looked back and saw that you shared that about the ACV. It motivated me to give it a try too.

and buckeye lady - good point about using a straw. I am taking Vit D3 and have decided to start on fish oil omega-3 also.
Sad to say that I didn't have much relief with Lyrica.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok I know this is going to sound crazy because of all the Gluten stuff going around here but... Are you allergic? I was reading the symptoms of Celiacs and Fibromyalgia is one of them. My Mom also has Fibromyalgia.

I am trying to convince her to ask for a blood test. When she was diagnosed they really did not know what was wrong with her. Makes me wonder.

gina

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I use the acv and honey and it seems to help some for my arthritis. My grandmother used acv and honey also.
I found that when I get stung by bees, my arthritis is nearly non existent for about 6 months. Which is one reason I like to get a new hive.
My doctor recomended the fishoil, but I cannot stomach it. I keep burping it up, and that is just nasty :sick

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think I remember reading on an herbal medicine thread that marijuana can be used for pain in a tea. Something about the tea form reduces the wacky but keeps the pain relief.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I took a cleanse called Clearstart from a company called Unicity.
http://www.unicity.net/canada/page/clearstart
It got rid of the fibromialgia completely along with alot of other issues I was having. It will also really help with arthritis. You take it for three months...maybe a couple more depending on your condition. I can honestly say i have not had any symptoms of fibromialgia in ten years now:>)
I know two women who were in wheelchairs they had it so bad and they got better around the same time as I did...no more wheelchairs.
I know it's hard to believe there is an actual cure for it out there, but this really is it.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cleared up psoric arthritis in about one week with Serrapeptase, taking 3 times a day on an EMPTY stomach. Never take enzyme products with meals unless you are using them for a digestive aide.

Some arthritis responds very well to CMO. do a search.
Actually the product sold at www.letstalkhealth.com which is herbal with cmo is excellent. Dr Donsbach has a rep. for curing some very advanced cases of arthritis. I was crippled with arthritis in my knees in 94. His protocol had me cured in a few weeks and I remain indebeted to him and his work.

Sometimes you have to play around with supplements with arthritis as the causes are many and you have to match the right product to what you have.

Fibermyalgia often has a microbe involved and many cases have cleared with the use of MMS1. go to www.jimhumble.biz
you can purchase it on ebay. It is very inexpensive. MMS has also helped arthritis when the cause there is a microbe, and sometimes it is. I don't give a flip what your doctor says.