Natural remedies for fibromyalgia/muscle pain/arthritis?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Mackay said:
I cleared up psoric arthritis in about one week with Serrapeptase, taking 3 times a day on an EMPTY stomach. Never take enzyme products with meals unless you are using them for a digestive aide.
Getting it clear and keeping it cleared up are two separate issues. Psoriatric arthritis is an auto immune disorder. It tends to re occur and can be QUITE debilitating. Trust me ... I know.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Ok I know this is going to sound crazy because of all the Gluten stuff going around here but... Are you allergic? I was reading the symptoms of Celiacs and Fibromyalgia is one of them. My Mom also has Fibromyalgia.

I am trying to convince her to ask for a blood test. When she was diagnosed they really did not know what was wrong with her. Makes me wonder.

gina
One of my few noticable gluten symptoms was joint pain when I ate something like a large bagel. DOn't know if that's relevant or not.

As for fish oil, I had tried some cheap stuff from the drug store and had the fish burp issue. When I saw the naturopath she said higher quality wouldn't cause that and she was right. I haven't had any issues since I switched.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Yes it IS relevant! Gluten reactions can most definitely involve joint swelling. Just another symptom.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
I would try to do a gluten free diet before I start all the cleanses, meds, ect. Been there done that only never got allot of relief, then found out my mom has celiacs disease and was like bahm that explained sooo much as it is inherited as well.
I fell tons better now after going gluten free and although I get "glutened" every now and then I really really notice a huge difference.
Just a thought. I have been doing allot of reading on it and seems to help allot with FM, add/adhd, and a huge list of other issues.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Probably why a student in my current LGI class told me last night that in four weeks she feels better than she has in 22 years....she has FMS and some other stuff. I haven't even covered the grains class yet, where I encourage everyone to do a gluten elimination. But I do encourage people to eat very little to no flour products, and to get carbs from veggies and beans. Interesting. I will add this info to my class, thanks!

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here's the situation: I've also read that they've seen clinically promising results eliminating gluten to reduce the big flame up episodes in fibromyalgia. My mom has it, and I would really like to see her try eliminating gluten and seeing if it helps. She loveslovesloves triscuits though. She's on board with my gardening, and my animals, but she still has a pretty mainstream view of nutritionism. I feel like if I hand her NT or a cook of the same ilk she'll just think I'm nutty and dogmatic.

So here's my question: have any of you persuaded someone over to the NT or GF viewpoints? Free, I'm sure you have. What the heck sort of evidence can you use? My mom is a nurse, so she assumes (most cases rightly so!) that she knows more about the body than I do. Thoughts? :/

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Mackay said:
I cleared up psoric arthritis in about one week with Serrapeptase, taking 3 times a day on an EMPTY stomach. Never take enzyme products with meals unless you are using them for a digestive aide.
Getting it clear and keeping it cleared up are two separate issues. Psoriatric arthritis is an auto immune disorder. It tends to re occur and can be QUITE debilitating. Trust me ... I know.
It has not returned for me, so far about 4 years now after serrapeptase use. I do have a spot of psoriasis on that knee just over where the arthritis happened. That seems to wax and wane with my meandering devotion to taking care of myself.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ToLiveToLaugh said:
So here's my question: have any of you persuaded someone over to the NT or GF viewpoints? Free, I'm sure you have. What the heck sort of evidence can you use? My mom is a nurse, so she assumes (most cases rightly so!) that she knows more about the body than I do. Thoughts? :/
what do you mean by NT or GF?

I'm a nurse too. After spending 27 years burying doctors errors, drug toxicities, uncured infections, demented minds, cancers, digestive failures, I am convinced that there has to be a better way.

Actually I started figuring stuff out right on early, even before being a nurse. Being a nurse tells one nothing about what works, only what does not work. IMHO of 27years in the bull sh^t.

The medical profession cures nothing. They repress symtoms and cause further chronic diseases. They are pretty good at helping people figure a way out to live with disease for a while, usually in dibilitated states of one form or another.

If you want a CURE or a greatly improved qualtiy of life go to a Homeopath or a naturopath.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mackay said:
ToLiveToLaugh said:
what do you mean by NT or GF?

I'm a nurse too. After spending 27 years burying doctors errors, drug toxicities, uncured infections, demented minds, cancers, digestive failures, I am convinced that there has to be a better way.

Actually I started figuring stuff out right on early, even before being a nurse. Being a nurse tells one nothing about what works, only what does not work. IMHO of 27years in the bull sh^t.

The medical profession cures nothing. They repress symtoms and cause further chronic diseases. They are pretty good at helping people figure a way out to live with disease for a while, usually in dibilitated states of one form or another.

If you want a CURE or a greatly improved qualtiy of life go to a Homeopath or a naturopath.
Sorry, I should have written that out: NT= nourishing traditions (the book) and GF= gluten free. My mom's only been a nurse for a few years, so I think she's still wholeheartedly in favor of "standard" medicine.