Natural Remedies to quit smoking?

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
...If you want to really give them up for good, you will find a way. Good luck!
That's true creek, I agree totally. I think the laser worked for me because I wanted it to badly enough.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
No, foxglove is digitalis, which is a heart drug. Foxglove is considered poisonous.
Mullein blooms in it's second year and shoot up a long stalk that has yellow flowers. The leaves form a rosette close to the ground. They are also fuzzy. The stalks were also used in ancient times as torches. The flower stalks can get quite tall. I have seen them as tall as 6 ft.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Mullien, is that the same as fox glove?
Mullien is a fuzzy leaved, Tall herb thats used for clearing lungs. Foxglove is considered poisonous and affects the heart. It has pretty flowers but I'd leave it alone.

Some people smoke lobelia to clear lungs, and calm nerves so it has been used in quitting. Too much will cause vomiting. The active ingredient in some of the quitting preparations is Lobeline Sulfate- from Lobelia.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Check out Electronic Cigarettes. Not perfect but not as bad as smoking, and they leave no smell etc. to deal with...

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I checked on e cigarettes for SO. There is a forum which was very informative. Don't buy your e-cig at a mall. Those apparently don't work very well and you can't return them!!!
Do your research.
We'll be buying either from puresmoker.com (make sure it is puresmoker with an "r") or smokeshop.com. The folks on the e-cig forum seemed to like them and they had good customer service.
I found the forum by googling e-cigarette.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I checked on e cigarettes for SO. There is a forum which was very informative. Don't buy your e-cig at a mall. Those apparently don't work very well and you can't return them!!!
Do your research.
We'll be buying either from puresmoker.com (make sure it is puresmoker with an "r") or smokeshop.com. The folks on the e-cig forum seemed to like them and they had good customer service.
I found the forum by googling e-cigarette.
:D Good point, research!

I have used puresmoker before, and also ALTSMOKE (ROb is the owner)