Neat wall paper border

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Doing a little work in the kitchen on my rental house. I found this 2' boarder when I pulled down some back splash over the kitchen cabinets. Only one piece and very thick for wallpaper. Anyways my wife saw it and really likes it but I knew she would... I thought you all might like it also. I would guess this is from sometime in the early 1940's based on how thick the paper is and the design. The house was built in 1919.

IMG_20171228_014403.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The top of it is in pretty rough shape from nails holes. I tried hard to get it off the wall with out damaging it more but glue was strong in one place and it tore.
IMG_20171228_184527.jpg

Even though it's damaged and because my wife likes it. I decided I'm gonna make wooden a frame for it. So she can hang it on the wall. I'll try and do a frame in some some weathered / distressed pine like old barn wood to try and make it look old.

Last edited:

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I LIKE IT!!! Your wife is very lucky to have you. Post pictures of the frame you will make for the wallpaper.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Doing a little work in the kitchen on my rental house. I found this 2' boarder when I pulled down some back splash over the kitchen cabinets. Only one piece and very thick for wallpaper. Anyways my wife saw it and really likes it but I knew she would... I thought you all might like it also. I would guess this is from sometime in the early 1940's based on how thick the paper is and the design. The house was built in 1919.

View attachment 5641

The top of it is in pretty rough shape from nails holes. I tried hard to get it off the wall with out damaging it more but glue was strong in one place and it tore.
View attachment 5645

Even though it's damaged and because my wife likes it. I decided I'm gonna make wooden a frame for it. So she can hang it on the wall. I'll try and do a frame in some some weather / distressed pine like old barn wood to try and make it look old.

She really likes the sign I made her for Chistmas. So she should like this when I finish it - I hope. Don't laugh... I ain't much of a artist.
View attachment 5646

I was hoping you'd say that you'd frame that...it's gorgeous!!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love it! I am glad that you are saving it, it deserves to be seen and appreciated.

Latest posts