Need help from the Diet Gurus!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and Dace, why do you feel you 'need' to be defensive on his info? you could just throw it in the garbage or delete the email or whatever. you don't have to respond. you don't have to justify your eating habits to him or anyone lol

truly don't give yourself any trouble over this. just let it go and see what hubby wants to do. you sure can eat ribs all you want lol

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
geez, where is BEE when you need her because her parents lived on a veg diet and they were perfectly healthy! I am sure BEEs parents never replaced 'fake' food in their diets.

just saying
Yeah I will admit fake foodwas the first thing that popped into my head but Lady H set me straight.

Clean diet is a clean diet veghead or not. I should not have come off so anti veg, but I know more who do not eat clean than do.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea veg if done right can easily keep a person healthy thru life.

if done right....but heck most people's diet regardless of 'what' path they choose is never done right :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
and Dace, why do you feel you 'need' to be defensive on his info? you could just throw it in the garbage or delete the email or whatever. you don't have to respond. you don't have to justify your eating habits to him or anyone lol

truly don't give yourself any trouble over this. just let it go and see what hubby wants to do. you sure can eat ribs all you want lol
Maybe you are right. I guess I feel that my food choices are under someone's scrutiny and feel the need to explain my choices.....but perhaps you are right and I should ignore it.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
yea veg if done right can easily keep a person healthy thru life.

if done right....but heck most people's diet regardless of 'what' path they choose is never done right :lol:
Agreed :thumbsup

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dace said:
FarmerChick said:

Maybe you are right. I guess I feel that my food choices are under someone's scrutiny and feel the need to explain my choices.....but perhaps you are right and I should ignore it.
yea you feel like you need to be defensive cause someone is 'attempting' to come into your fold and shake it up haha.....eh, blow him off!!

and if your hubby does like meat, this guy isn't going to change his mind.

just fire up the BBQ and let the smells keep hubby on the meat side HAHA

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:

:thumbsup

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was a vegetarian for 30 years (my great-grandfather was too- and he died when he was 104). However, I am a meat eater now- and very happy with my choice. I found myself reaching for more and more "fake" meat products- which generally speaking are made with GMO grains, and soy.
I started with venison- how much more natural can you get? Then, I branched out into pasture raised beef and pork. I also eat my own chickens.
I would not choose to eat grocery store meat- but this is wonderful, high quality food- from my local farmers.
These are very personal decisions - certainly there is no right or wrong answer. I feel much more comfortable eating a hamburger from a farm down the road- then I do a "veggie" burger from California.
And OMG, bacon is incredibly delicious!!!!
I think your email answer is reasonable, and well written.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Dace,

Just how interested is your husband in what this guy is telling him? Maybe he is just listening to be polite. Would ignoring it rather than trying to go toe to toe with someone who just knows that after 15 years he is healthy the right thing? I have come to the conclusion that food is like religion: a very touchy subject for some folk and there is just no good way to share information, other people are more open...

Besides, unless that guy comes over to your house and starts cooking... is it worth it?