Need ideas for frozen strawberries

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
DAIQUIRIS!!!! :lol:

I used to pick about 10lbs of strawberries every July Fourth, for two reasons only: strawberry shortcake & strawberry daiquiris - yum!!:love
amateurs.
;-)

break out the tequila baby... whooooot!

or you could always make jam
:)

The_Realistic_Optimist

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (or more if you like) fresh or defrosted frozen blueberries or quartered defrosted frozen strawberries

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl beat the egg, milk and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. At this point you will add in your flavors. Our favorite is chocolate chips and I purchase them in bulk at Sam's club. 1/2 cup of chocolate chips stirred in at the end makes for some really great muffins. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. This makes one dozen muffins. You can also adapt this for a quick bread. Pour all the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.

Wannabefree said:
The_Realistic_Optimist said:
I made muffins with mine and fed them to my very happy hubbie.
Recipe? :drool

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i_am2bz said:
DAIQUIRIS!!!! :lol:

I used to pick about 10lbs of strawberries every July Fourth, for two reasons only: strawberry shortcake & strawberry daiquiris - yum!!:love
amateurs.
;-)

break out the tequila baby... whooooot!

or you could always make jam
Or a martini? Gawd, bunch of boozers! :lol: :gig :plbb

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They'd be handy for baked goods and my personal favorite...my morning oatmeal! So much yummier and better for you than those overpriced dinky packets of sugar-loaded instant oatmeal.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Strawberry jam is so easy to make and my family can eat it by the gallon, I'd make it all into jam, whatever I could not eat that same day over strawberry shortcake!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Shortcake. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And bedtime snack. Then break out the fat jeans! :D

Strawberry wine? Ok, I know, I just got my carboys and would love to get my hands on your strawberry stash. :p

tinkarooni

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You guys crack me up.....so essentially mix some strawberries with whatever booze I have laying around :D. Not a bad idea.....

I think I'll try the muffins too, it never occurred to me to use frozen strawberries in baking, I assumed that they would be too mushy.

I'm also going to make some strawberry syrup to have over banana pancakes tomorrow. Yummy.

Open to any other great ideas. Thanks guys.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
You guys crack me up.....so essentially mix some strawberries with whatever booze I have laying around big_smile.
pretty much, yeah.

ha!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Muddle some of those strawberries with some basil for a fantastic strawberry basil martini! :woot

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tinkarooni said:
You guys crack me up.....so essentially mix some strawberries with whatever booze I have laying around.
You say that like it's a bad thing...! ;)