Need ideas for frozen strawberries

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You could mash 'em up with a fork, add a little swetener and serve over waffles.

tinkarooni

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
tinkarooni said:
You guys crack me up.....so essentially mix some strawberries with whatever booze I have laying around.
You say that like it's a bad thing...! ;)
Nah, hey you gotta do what you gotta do.....waste not want not and all that. :D

Meriruka: Love this idea, quick and easy. Thanks

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you can always splash some vodka around if that'll help.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
The_Realistic_Optimist said:
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (or more if you like) fresh or defrosted frozen blueberries or quartered defrosted frozen strawberries

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl beat the egg, milk and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. At this point you will add in your flavors. Our favorite is chocolate chips and I purchase them in bulk at Sam's club. 1/2 cup of chocolate chips stirred in at the end makes for some really great muffins. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. This makes one dozen muffins. You can also adapt this for a quick bread. Pour all the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.

Wannabefree said:
I made muffins with mine and fed them to my very happy hubbie.
Recipe? :drool
THANK YOU! These are great! :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (or more if you like) fresh or defrosted frozen blueberries or quartered defrosted frozen strawberries

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl beat the egg, milk and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. At this point you will add in your flavors. Our favorite is chocolate chips and I purchase them in bulk at Sam's club. 1/2 cup of chocolate chips stirred in at the end makes for some really great muffins. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. This makes one dozen muffins. You can also adapt this for a quick bread. Pour all the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 400 for 45-50 minutes.

Wannabefree said:
I made muffins with mine and fed them to my very happy hubbie.
Recipe? :drool
THANK YOU! These are great! :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okayyyyyyyyy.......was that a double post, Wannabefree?

(apparently you've hit the booze already :lol: ........this is a 'joke' so please don't get offended)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Okayyyyyyyyy.......was that a double post, Wannabefree?

(apparently you've hit the booze already :lol: ........this is a 'joke' so please don't get offended)
Mayyyyybe :p Internet is wonky in storms ;)

Hey I resemble that remark!!! Seriously..I don't drink :hu Not my cup o' tea..er martini..whateva :lol: I'm not easily O-fended :D

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Actually after I posted that I realized I was the one seeing double & maybe I had 'sipped the silly soup' .

And yeah, personally I find life much more entertaining when sober :D