Need imput/approval regarding new official journal "questions" list...

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well lets run this thread for awhile and make sure everyone has some imput before making any choices. I could put the master list at the beginning of my own journal and encourage people to cut and paste what they like out of it to share. Abi kinda covered some inner feelings topics and dragonlaurel and Denim Deb I think have a lot of interesting technical type questions, and mine are kinda general, so we are giving people a lot of room to talk about what they want. But I think it would be more fun to answer these too.
I'll send a completed list to Nifty and the mods for approval after we figure out what everyone kinda likes, just to make sure that this is okay, but I can't imagine why we can't suggest new questions.

If the mods are reading, please give me your opinion .....thanks! Dawn?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
The newer list might be easier for other people to find, if if we give it it's own thread with a title that says something like Questions about You, or something along those lines. Regulars might not remember whose journal it was under, and new people wouldn't know to look in a person's journal for it.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like the idea of a new questions list. Thanks, savingdogs. I always seem to want to know where (at least the state) a person lives and a bit about their family status. Can be nice to know if someone works/career. These kinds of things help me better understand where a person is coming from in their comments.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, sd! :cool:

I broke down and did the monster list (added it to my journal) and while it was fun and entertaining...it about fried my brain (which doesn't take much). :gig

dl, I like your idea about making it a seperate thread so it's easier to find.

We can ask Nifty if it'll be okay to make it a "sticky" so that it won't get lost, too!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Awesome!
Well I put together 25 based on the suggestions here, some I kind of consolidated because they were getting at the same answer:
1. What state/province/country are you in and what is your climate like?
2. How many people are in your family? Marital status?
3. How would you define self sufficiency?
4. What would you do with your spare time if you had any resources you needed?
5. Who or what inspired you to become more self sufficient?
6. In what ways are you self sufficient now and in what ways would you like to learn more?
7. How do you heat your home?
8. Fishing: bait or explosives?
9. Are you interested in stocking up for future needs?
10. Where do you end up when you sink into yourself, away from the outside world?
11. Do you make crafts or useful items? Would you want to teach others how to do these?
12. Can you have legally livestock where you are at? Do you have any? What kinds?
13. Do you like to garden? If so, what do you enjoy growing?
14. How much land do you have? City? Country?
15. What is your self sufficient specialty?
16. If you could create a degree and curriculum, what would you major in and what classes would you take?
17. In what do you trust?
18. If you could live any place you chose, where would it be?
19. Do you use a wood stove for heating or cooking?
20. What would your ideal super hero/villain be?
21. Are your family or friends also interested in self sufficiency?
22. Do you like to cook?
23. Do you forage or hunt for part of your food needs?
24. What skills do you have that help you be more self sufficient?
25. In which fictional universe would you most like to live?
26. Do you have solar panels?
27. Have you ever lived completely off grid?

I think making it a sticky would be great, I wasn't sure how to present the list for new people. :thumbsup

We could add more questions as well, the thread could suggest that you "take from it what you want to answer".....

S

sunsaver

I could answer that list. How do i see them at the same time im posting? Cut and paste?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
I could answer that list. How do i see them at the same time im posting? Cut and paste?
You can copy it from here, then paste it into your own journal.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Do we want to add any more questions? I didn't really get to the recycling/solar energy/budgeting topics here, probably because they are not my personal interest. But should we add something about that?

Or should we go with this list......I'm going to change the title of this thread to reflect developments....

Latest posts