Need low carb breakfast ideas-flax pancake verdict is in

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Just to make me feel better I need to tell you that my bag of splenda is about 1 1/2 years old, so it''s not like I use it alot. where do you get xylitol though ( and keep in mind I'm in Canada). I have looked for it many times and have never found it .

(PS. My trail ride was awesome-- I totally love my horse!!!!!!!!!!!)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Just to make me feel better I need to tell you that my bag of splenda is about 1 1/2 years old, so it''s not like I use it alot. where do you get xylitol though ( and keep in mind I'm in Canada). I have looked for it many times and have never found it .

(PS. My trail ride was awesome-- I totally love my horse!!!!!!!!!!!)
I bought it at Whole Foods. I can't remember seeing it anywhere else. It was in the supplement area. If they hadn't had it my back up plan was to order it from Amazon.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Just keep in mind Xylitol is toxic to pets. Erythritol is what I use. I get it at Vitamin Cottage.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Just keep in mind Xylitol is toxic to pets. Erythritol is what I use. I get it at Vitamin Cottage.
Good to know! Thanks! We don't have Vitamin Cottage here. But I think I've seen it at WF. Not sure why my naturopath recommended the xylitol over the erythritol so I'll check next time I see her. I've been using Stevia for the most part.

Update on the flax pancakes. DS loves them. I was looking for easy low carb breakfasts for myself. Bonus! I make his separately using goat butter and Turbinado sugar. Today I added a couple of tablespoons of mashed sweet potato. He liked it even better. We spread it with my homemade strawberry jam or currant jelly. :drool