Need Pregnancy Nutrition Suggestions for Difficult Situation

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live on prayer right now. I'd be a complete wreck if I didn't know that fighting for this baby is absolutely what the Lord wants me to do.

I had a good night last night. I'm not entirely sure what happened yesterday, but I didn't have to take much supplement at all through the afternoon and evening, felt much better, and slept for 6 unbroken hours last night! Of course, I woke up skaky and with my heartrate going crazy, but some milk and apple juice fixed that.

The only difference dietetically yesterday was that I had three Bantam eggs, instead of commercial egg yolks, spread out through the day, and I had some rice with cayenne (did some more research, cayenne helps with absorbing and digesting b6, and brown rice is very high in b6). I didn't have nearly as much problems before bed, and then didn't wake up with problems until after 5:00 am.

It was really nice to just SLEEP. I suspect it is the exception, not the new rule, but I'll take the Zs where I can get them! :)

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Things seem to have calmed down some, I think I'm getting into a more manageable routine for handling the food issues. Still have a few things to work out, but feeling hopeful.

Baby still seems to be hanging in there, the hormonal imbalances seem to be finally starting to normalize.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I make progress for a few days, then it gets hard again, then I make a little more progress, then have a few more hard days. Having some hard ones right now.

But, I've missed the second period, and baby is hanging in there, though it's gotta be a fight for him too.

Fighting to keep my hormone levels up, they don't want to stabilize yet - part of the auto-immune stuff that gets worse in the beginning. So I'm using progesterone cream, and a couple of types of herbal tea to keep the hormone levels rising, and I'm using chocolate to keep the auto-immune effects under control. Seriously, chocolate is a really mild immune suppressant, so it helps with Crohn's, as long as you aren't so bad that it causes irritation of its own (lots of things are like that with Crohn's).

Just figured I'd post an update though to let y'all know I'm still definitely pregnant.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It sure sounds as if you have been through a lot. I am sending hugs your way. I am also pregnant and due Agust 22nd, what is EDD?

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looking like Oct 1, if it was conceived when I think it was (Christmas... go figure). You're way ahead of me. :)

It has been far harder than I thought it could be. I wonder when I'll get a night of unbroken sleep again. Best I've done in a month is the last two days that I was sick with e-coli, I slept for three hours at a stretch before I had to get up to eat. Since then, it's been every two hours on the good nights.

Seems like I'd be into some kind of routine by now, but not really. Things are still so unpredictable I'm just reacting every day to minute to minute needs. The payoff is worth it, I just get really tired and discouraged sometimes.

It should get easier at about three months, because of the effect of pregnancy hormones on auto-immune conditions. Just gotta keep plugging away until then.

It is hard on my kids, who do a lot to help take care of me since I'm still on bedrest - not enough energy yet to keep baby alive and have me moving around. Kevin's being helpful too, but he's got to keep the business going. He's running my baths, getting things for me a lot, doing all the grocery shopping (which is a big job out here), etc.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, baby and I survived another crisis. Seems that my body did not know I was pregnant, and I ovulated again about a month ago. I just miscarried, again, but am STILL pregnant. This time I passed small bits of tissue, so I know it was about a 3-4 weeker.

I'm still really tired - it was pretty awful. But baby is hanging in there through it all, and my hormones and digestion are finally settling down to where we are making regular progress without having to fight quite so hard.

I've given birth to eight babies, and this has been the weirdest and most difficult pregnancy ever. Seems to be finally turning the corner though. I think my body finally knows that I am actually pregnant!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:hugs I hope you turn the corner soon honey....I can't imagine how hard this has to be on all of you but you're strong and you'll pull through! :hugs