Need Pregnancy Nutrition Suggestions for Difficult Situation

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I hear walking around the chicken coop with a stew pot and a knife is supposed to be helpful.

:gig

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I hear walking around the chicken coop with a stew pot and a knife is supposed to be helpful.

Every time we are going to make a clean cull of the old birds, production jumps up :gig

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

Hmmm, I'll have to try that. The poster I hung in the coop of Mrs. Tweedy and her clipboard (from Chicken Run) isn't working....

:hugs Laura, sorry I have no advice. I hope you find answers.

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry for your losses, I just thought I would mention raw grass fed beef liver. I don't have my book near me, but it's mentioned in Nurishing Traditions for expecting women, and for baby's first food, maybe you could add a little to a smoothie? Sounds yucky now that I typed that, but it should be fairly easy to disguise...

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't handle beef liver right now, but can handle duck or chicken, if they are organic. The problem there, is supply - they are hard to come by.

I can't do any more supplements because the ones that I can afford have fillers in them that I react to if I get too much, and the ones that don't have that simply are not anything I can afford to buy.

I'm highly sensitive to a lot of things, just because my body doesn't have a lot of ability to clear contaminants. I don't even take Tylenol right now unless it is essential.

All of those losses will be compensated for if I can make this one work.

And Sidney WAS a loss, but she was also a gain. I don't think I'd volunteer again for that, but if I felt the Lord was asking, I'd do it, because she gave us much more than she took. I've carried 9 babies that I've named (lost another at 5 months), 7 of whom I have had the privilege to raise, and Sidney was the most joyful and loving child I've ever known. I don't feel she needs compensating for. :)

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are very sensitive to lots of things including supplements and in my family we also have had a difficult time with absorbing enough nutrients. Going GF has helped us a lot but we still use some supplements mainly from this company. http://www.freedavitamins.com/ Most of their products are affordable. We also take probiotics instead of cultured dairy products because of issues with dairy products.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
I can't handle beef liver right now, but can handle duck or chicken, if they are organic. The problem there, is supply - they are hard to come by.

I can't do any more supplements because the ones that I can afford have fillers in them that I react to if I get too much, and the ones that don't have that simply are not anything I can afford to buy.

I'm highly sensitive to a lot of things, just because my body doesn't have a lot of ability to clear contaminants. I don't even take Tylenol right now unless it is essential.

All of those losses will be compensated for if I can make this one work.

And Sidney WAS a loss, but she was also a gain. I don't think I'd volunteer again for that, but if I felt the Lord was asking, I'd do it, because she gave us much more than she took. I've carried 9 babies that I've named (lost another at 5 months), 7 of whom I have had the privilege to raise, and Sidney was the most joyful and loving child I've ever known. I don't feel she needs compensating for. :)
What if you dropped the fermented breads? Go gluten free for awhile and see if that helps.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have made "tonics" with different wild herbs and plants soaked in raw ACV. Dandelion is a good source of minerals. So are plantains (not the banana plantains, the weed plantain).