Needing some encouragement - butchering chickens this weekend

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yay!! Great job!!!!

How long did 6 take you? You will get faster. Today my son and I had plans to do the quail. 28 were ont he block for today. My sons friend says he wants to come over and help, he'll even bring his own knife so I say come on over. He had never done anything like this before, but really wanted to.

so, I take a bird, show him what to do, and we get at it. Two hours later, I had done 18, my son had done 8, and his friend had done two. (which my son had to help him immensely with) After his two, (which took about 45 minutes), he declared that he couldn't do any more and proceeded to watch us clean our birds.

No biggie. Point is, --it's not for everyone, and it definitely was not his thing. He gets an A for enthusiasm though.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Yay!! Great job!!!!

How long did 6 take you? You will get faster. Today my son and I had plans to do the quail. 28 were ont he block for today. My sons friend says he wants to come over and help, he'll even bring his own knife so I say come on over. He had never done anything like this before, but really wanted to.
It took us about 5 hours. :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
you will sleep well tonite! great job...really. now go and spread the word to folks who need to work up their courage - you can lend them some of yours

:)

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great job!! :clap Hey, it just gets easier from here on out! :D

hobbyfarmrookie

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I keep seeing all kinds of congratulations but the real question is...When is dinner? and are we all invited?:lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I am inspired! My meaties are two weeks old tomorrow, and already triple the size of the laying chicks. Yikes. Hopefully I won't "chicken out" again this year.... :rolleyes:

Latest posts