Needing to go on a diet but....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW SKR you aren't kidding

when I gain about 6 lbs over my current weight I feel like I have a tire around my gut! It is amazing how fast just a few lbs can make a person feel like 1000 lbs :lol:

While on some vacations I come home losing 5 lbs.......some vacations I come back gaining 5-6 lbs. OMG those 5-6 lbs feel like I brought home a whale attached to my gut from the beach :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
One more thing I have discovered about my body........sodium! If we eat out, no matter HOW careful we are with the menu, I will gain 2-4lbs just from all the added sodium in the food.
Example: I was at 193 yesterday morning when I showered. I dropped off 25lbs of venison meat to a local processor to be made into trail bologna. While I was there, I bought a half of a tube of his beef summer sausage with hot pepper cheese(I know, but GAWD is it ever GOOD!) When I got back home, I ate two average sized pieces of it for lunch. Drank about 2 quarts of water during the day. Supper consisted of a bowl of venison stew(home made) Yesterday evening when I got ready to go to bed, I weighed 197. :th
SODIUM SUCKS!! :duc

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes sodium sucks but it is never a permanent blob of fat on the scale :gig AND eating chinese out--OMG add like 5-6 lbs on the scale from sodium :old

when I eat out or eat a few more of the processed foods I don't even step on a scale, why bother :lol:

I love this. Just fresh squeezed lemon in a glass with tons of ice cubes. I absolutely love sipping on a few of these thru the day.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm going through my late winter weight loss. *hides before everyone lynches her*

I should gain a nice amount once I start working CNA just from muscle. I sit now. That can't be good LOL.

The best thing about being a food snob and great cook... I only eat out if I'm so sick or so tired I cannot cook for myself. I cook better than almost every restaurant out there LOL.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I suck at dieting (die to mental health issues)

My new thing: I'm going to try to cut out 100 calories per day. That might be drinking water instead of milk. Or slightly smaller servings sizes. Or skipping secondsbut grabbing a piece fo fruit instead. Little things add up.

In theory. I'll let you know when I fit into my jeans. :gig
I wouldn't cut out that milk esp if you have brain cooties. I'd cut out a piece of bread or some other starch.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
One more thing I have discovered about my body........sodium! If we eat out, no matter HOW careful we are with the menu, I will gain 2-4lbs just from all the added sodium in the food.
Example: I was at 193 yesterday morning when I showered. I dropped off 25lbs of venison meat to a local processor to be made into trail bologna. While I was there, I bought a half of a tube of his beef summer sausage with hot pepper cheese(I know, but GAWD is it ever GOOD!) When I got back home, I ate two average sized pieces of it for lunch. Drank about 2 quarts of water during the day. Supper consisted of a bowl of venison stew(home made) Yesterday evening when I got ready to go to bed, I weighed 197. :th
SODIUM SUCKS!! :duc
Processed sodium is awful. It has things like corn in it!
We use Celtic Sea Salt, so its super high in minerals, and actually nourishes the body.

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What are brain cooties?
Is that when you feel like something is walking away with your brain?
Cause I have that.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Reuse-it said:
What are brain cooties?
Cause I have that.
It's the little bugs in your head that chew through the wiring. *giggles*

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Reuse-it said:
What are brain cooties?
Cause I have that.
Fuzzy. A sheet laying over it or wrapping it up. Inability to do things in a timely and sane manner.

Food allergies, low adrenals and thyroid can cause this.