Reaction score
Not sure what you mean...

You mean like

BYC
TEG
SS
BYH

??

We have a lot of forums because it doesn't make sense to try to run a forum that is all things to all people. We built an amazing community at BYC and got a lot of requests for a gardening section, but it didn't make sense to put it on BYC since gardening is diverse enough to have it's own forum... so TEG was born. Pretty much the same story with the other forums too.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Yesterday,i asked if anyone knew where the new rabbit section was on this website...I did a site search and came up empty.I see that this same question i asked yesterday isn't even posted here today, so i'm trying again.
I did see a new section here on SS concerning rabbits, didn't i..? Thanks for any help...

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Although I can see (sort of) the point of the Mods about BYH, BYC, TEG, etc, I can also totally see the points of the others. I posted a question on BYH and got ZERO response. I even posted the same question in a relevant/similar thread and still was ignored.

I visit this forum for all of my SS needs. This includes animals, canning, and other things. I feel that this forum is small enough that we are all a family and differing opinions or heated discussions aside, we know that we will get a timely response here. We also know that we won't be bashed. Granted, every forum has its "I know more than you" people, and the "I'm better than you", but they are so few here, or post so infrequently, they don't create a problem.

I can also understand that many people don't necessarily have the time, or the desire, to visit multiple forums. Sifting through hundreds of threads, even when you use the Search function, seems very daunting.

We all know each other here, and feel comfortable asking things. My 2 cents is.....sub-forums would be great!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am logged into all of the forums all of the time - I never sign out; and I use the same user name across the boards. It's a simple click to go to BYH to post in the rabbit section ( I'm just talking about the simplicity of clicking and posting, not the lack of response). I agree that the response time there is bad - but it would be better if more were using the forums, as they're set up, for the questions they want answered. I don't see Rob setting animal forums up here when they exist, two clicks away, on BYH. But that's the way I use the forums.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Yep, my mistake, i thought i saw the rabbit thread here, was on BYH as Pat mentioned. I bounce between the three sister site like others here.
I wouldn't mind a honey bee sub section, since Beesource changed something over yr or so ago,i can no longer post there.
Part of the problem is that i have Webtv aka MSNTV which is not a computer.However i can read tons of stuff here about most anything regarding, back to the land and doing for yourself.
I sure hope the day doesn't come when webtv people can't post replies here..!
Yeah, i'm old school, not much of a techy, but i do get lots of internet access with this webtv. I really like that i can sit on my couch with a remote keyboard and surf on a big screen tv. But sometimes its annoying because i can't get into alot of sites with webtv's weak browser...Oh well, nothing perfect in this world, i'm content with it, so i guess thats what matters , right..?
Anyway, the more topics the better is my two cents...:)

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Oh Boy, i spoke to soon about a least being able to post on SS,BYC and EG with webtv. I just tried to post on the thread about wild hogs on BYC and couldn't...Is anyone else having trouble posting on BYC this evening..?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
Oh Boy, i spoke to soon about a least being able to post on SS,BYC and EG with webtv. I just tried to post on the thread about wild hogs on BYC and couldn't...Is anyone else having trouble posting on BYC this evening..?
I just answered a post with no problems but it was just an answer. I wasn't trying to post pictures or anything.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Thanks Kristin....i guess it must be my equipment...

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
KevsFarm - The rabbit thread is halfway down the page under the topic "Everything Else Sufficient Living". The thread is "Official SS Rabbit Thread"