New chapter for SS - Suggestions welcome!

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ya'll might want to come to Texas and try Shipley's Doughnuts. They melt in your mouth.

I like 'Back to Basics' title.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
X2 on the roll your own title. That always made me go... Huh?

The forum list has a big section for making and saving energy, which isn't probably talked about as much as other topics... And then all the big things we talk about go under miscellaneous. Maybe change the emphasis there?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oops I should have finished typing my thoughts.

Agree totally on having a section for each animal. I for one am am not the type to join BYC for one question about a chicken. A forum is a community and if many people here are raising chickens we should be able to talk chicken!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! Passing along the homesteading skills to the next generation is key and most of us are doing it, but are just putting that in our journals. My little granddaughter has been watching/helping me butcher since she was 1 yr old and helps me continually in the garden, choring on the land, canning, etc. I'd like to see a section where we can pass along what each is doing to carry our heritage into the next generations.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's going to be easy to get carried away here with the new section ideas! lol What I would love to do is have a few big sections like we already have, with more sub-sections below them on more diverse topics already covered here and much needed here, like this about raising children on a homestead etc. It will be very important though to pick the right names for these sections though. Google likes good keywords, short titles, etc. And Google is our friend ;)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is very daunting to try to live healthy without spending a fortune. This is something I feel very strongly that people need help to learn how to do. It would be a great resource for those unsure of where to start!