New chapter for SS - Suggestions welcome!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's going to be easy to get carried away here with the new section ideas! lol What I would love to do is have a few big sections like we already have, with more sub-sections below them on more diverse topics already covered here and much needed here, like this about raising children on a homestead etc. It will be very important though to pick the right names for these sections though. Google likes good keywords, short titles, etc. And Google is our friend ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Omgoodness..it's 10:30! I gotta RUN for a few! Keep up the awesome ideas!! :woot

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Well, even with the folks here, everyone has their own journey and where they are in the journey. I do like the Simple Life theme. My current circumstances don't allow a garden or animals, but I do try to do simple cooking and preserving when the local farm markets are in full swing. Someday hope to get back into it.

Not sure how this demographic gets worked into the site.

(Making chicken soup right now. 5 years ago, I would have produced all of the ingredients except for salt and pepper)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We will fit you in brother, your past experience is worth sticking around to help newbies and keep the dream alive in you! Same with me...I have tomatoes and peppers lol...but I have a lot of experience with other things as well. Stick around!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I would be sad if newbies felt that having livestock was a prerequisite for "belonging" here. I joined 8 years ago when I lived in a city neighborhood - and continued to live there for 5 more years. I probably did more ambitious projects and learned more SS skills in my city time than after moving to this farm. Livestock and BIG garden, but little time to explore and learn new skills.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I agree completely tort! There is room for everyone here, always has been.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's why I always loved the "what did you do today " thread. It's all inclusive. No matter where you may be on the journey.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We will fit you in brother, your past experience is worth sticking around to help newbies and keep the dream alive in you! Same with me...I have tomatoes and peppers lol...but I have a lot of experience with other things as well. Stick around!
I am not worried about me fitting in or staying around, just saying it might be intimidating to someone browsing the site

Latest posts