New forum platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doozerdoo1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I can't say that I like the new format...now these sites will look like all other internet forums. I really enjoyed the fact that this format was much easier to visualize and utilize than those other forums. I know there were some improvements made in the process....just wish they hadn't lost the look and the large fonting(maybe it's the same but it seems smaller and harder to see~could be that I'm getting old).
I also agree, the new BYC is hard , slow and I hate the sauce stuff, to small to read now:( please do not chain a thing here it's perfect and I'm glad I found it!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I have been over at BYC, checking it out and trying to navigate around. Gotta say, not a fan! I do not have hi-speed internet and the site is really slow now! I hope they just leave SS alone! It would be great if we could leave this forum in this format, but use BYC for photo storage!!

ETA: After spending a little more time over at BYC, I am starting to get used to it. It's still slow, but there are alot more users over at BYC then at SS, so maybe that's part of the speed issue. I'm going to play with it a little longer....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well....from what they say, they will make all the sister sites as BYC, so buckle down for misery. :/

Doozerdoo1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Why not leave some sites alone ? Really the new platform makes it hard to read, takes up room wit ads and comments it stinks! Sorry but I hate it big time. That's why I ca,e here! Please reconsider leaving this message board alone!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
From my experience managing sites, site owners need to upgrade to take advantage of new technology - which includes updating protection from hackers and their ilk. When managing multiple sites, having a common unified platform greatly simplifies the care and upkeep, as well has providing for future growth. As it has been said before, forums change and evolve. Anyone remember the original BBS's on Compuserve?

These sites exist to make the owners money, it's how this country works - I have no problem with that. I'm just making an observation - as with consumers of any product, you need to decide for yourself if you continue to use it, try to show the producer the value of not making the change, move on, or build it yourself (kinda SS-like, no?)

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Whether I end up liking the new format or not, I will not leave this forum. The folks here and all of the things they have to share are what make a great forum. Right? I'm sure that once the bugs are all worked out it will be fine. There really are some nice new features and the photo storage is awesome! I also think I found a way to change the appearance, to get rid of some of the more annoying frames, like the reviews, etc. I'm going to experiment today and I'll let you know....

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry...I do not like the new format much on BYC. Probably will visit less. Just me:idunno

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
huh
is Ss going the way of BYC?

somehow missed this thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.