New guy

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thought you all might like to see a picture of my family. This is from today and basically our weekly family get together at our place for lunch and dinner and fun. This ain't even 1/2 of us. I'm very proud of each and every one of my family. I'm 5th from the left in the back row with my wife BTW.
FullSizeR.jpg

Today was HOT! we hit 97 degrees here in southern IL with a heat index of 111. But that didn't stop us at all. We fired up the BBQ anyways and smoked a lot of boneless beef ribs over hickory until about 5:00. We picked a little sweet corn out of the garden and boiled it up. We also picked some green beans and cooked them with bacon, garlic and salt. My kids brought a dish to pass and we busted open several of my wife's canning jars and pigged out (we do this most every weekend). We also filled up super soakers and water balloons and got each other drenched.

During all this we also weilded on my old troybilt rototiller, leveled off the air conditioning compressor, and put chicken wire around the bottom of the turkey yard.

My family works hard and plays even harder - I wouldn't have it any other way... My family is my greatest joy in life.

Here's also a picture of my wife's little helper... Our youngest granddaughter - wearing her "Red Neck Bracelets" as I call them. She's one little hot mess :) she's always talking but you can't hardly make out but a word or two. I think she might just be Pentecostal!!! I call her Stink Bug.
IMG_20170722_182115133.jpg

This is my other youngest Granddaughter "June Bug". With one of my BIG 3 third generation 4lb 1oz tomato I've been working on developing for 5 years now. We picked it out of the garden today. She is Paw paw's girl and has me wrapped around her little finger. She is tired and sad after a fun day playing outside and then mom and dad says it's time to go home now. Of course she wants to stay with Paw Paw. :)
IMG_20170722_185915926.jpg

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Nice to "meet" you and your little granddaughters are adorable!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aren't grand kids just the BEST!!?!!

Your so right... Grand kids are the absolute best!!! My second youngest granddaughter simply has me wrapped around her little finger.

I get to see her and her sister most every week day of the week, since my wife watches them for about 3 to 4 hours each day while their mom and dad works. it's just to cool to have them both 15 to 20 hours a week. I try and make the best of the time when they are here. "Hey Paw Paw can we go see the chickens now" :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine don't live close enough for that. But, I had 'em for almost a week this summer. It was pure bliss!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have a beautiful family, adorable grand daughters, aren't grands the best? You should have been on a small farm long, long ago. You could have raised the vegetables and meat for your family and saved $$$$ at the grocery store!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Simply beautiful family!!!! What a joy and a blessing to have all that family and they all look like they like each other....a rarity in my family.