New Here -live in North Texas but am moving to Colorado in April

equinecpa

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I can't believe it took me so long to find this forum. I'm in trouble now I can see hours of reading ahead of me!

I currently live in Gainesville, TX but last year my family bought a little piece of paradise in Bailey, CO and we and the menagerie will be moving there at the end of April. I can hardly wait.

Simple living has always appealed to me but only last year did I really get bit by the homesteading bug. Our farm is home to many horses (hubby trains horses and is a farrier), a posse of Australian Shepherds who led me to the acquisition of a small flock of Painted Desert Sheep and a couple of ducks. I enjoy gardening but have never mastered gardening in Texas, either the heat or bugs wipe out most of my garden each year.

Life in Colorado will bring new challenges as Bailey is at 9000'. We are lucky have a pond and stream on our new property and border thousands of acres of National Forest.

Carolyn

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Welcome Carolyn! Sounds like Heaven! Will you be taking your sheep and ducks with you? Can't wait to see pics of your mountain homestead!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Glad you found us.Welcome!!

your in for some heavy duty challenges with your move,keep the faith it is going be a wonderful adventure.

Keep us posted on your journey.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome Glad you found us and can't wait to hear about your move. CL already asked about the sheep and the ducks, but I want to know if you'll be taking the dogs and the horses.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
:welcome Glad you found us and can't wait to hear about your move. CL already asked about the sheep and the ducks, but I want to know if you'll be taking the dogs and the horses.
Hey DD! I guess I just assumed that the horses and dogs would be going. Carolyn's DH is a trainer and I'd never move without my dogs!! But you know what they say about assuming! :lol: But then again if the dogs are shepherds, they would need their sheep wouldn't they?

I keep forgetting that @$$ gets changed to backside!! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if the horses were theirs, or just one's in for training. I don't think I'd be too happy if I had one of my horses out for training, and the trainer moved and took them as well! :cool: