New here...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't count on getting it anytime soon! After all, how many months did those north of me have to wait to get assistance after Sandy rolled thru?

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
KnightMare, did you mention where you are living? (Just general area. It sounds like you are pretty far north?) I hope spring finds you soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yeah, zone 4. :lol: Actually, I think that's a good way to answer that question. Gives people an idea w/out pinpointing the exact location.

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Yeah, zone 4. :lol: Actually, I think that's a good way to answer that question. Gives people an idea w/out pinpointing the exact location.
That would be about right. Zone 4. It gets cold here but it does have 4 seasons.
Spring appears to be rather elusive for now. It is snowing rather badly in places but fortunately I didn't get any of it. I am NOT disappointed to have been missed by the snow.Folks up in Zone 3 are getting hammered as it looks on the map.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
KnightMare said:
Denim Deb said:
That would be about right. Zone 4. It gets cold here but it does have 4 seasons.
Spring appears to be rather elusive for now. It is snowing rather badly in places but fortunately I didn't get any of it. I am NOT disappointed to have been missed by the snow.Folks up in Zone 3 are getting hammered as it looks on the map.
I remembered your answer from the questions, so figured you're way up there.

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wow, this new job is kicking my backside. I have been cleaning stuff for the past three weeks. I have never seen so much dirt and grime all in one place.:(
Then to top it off, the weather isn't all that "Springy"...if you know what I mean.
One of these days, I am going to get on my wheels and spin off to a warmer location. Not that I don't like where I am because I love it here, but there are days when I watch guys play golf on the TV at the senior center and look out my window and think "Nope, no golf this month". I haven't played for so long that I think I forgot how.
Maybe someone will invent a golf ball that will have a GPS chip in it. That way you would NEVER lose that ball. Of course the deeper the water trap, the more likely I'd be to leave it in there...:idunno
Maybe the weather will change and the sun will come back... :thumbsup
Have a nice day!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I couldn't handle where you live. There have been times when we've had a snowy winter compared to what's normal for here when I'm trying to figure out ways to get rid of the snow by the end of February! I couldn't STAND having snow this late in the year.

I hear ya on wanting to move at times. At times, I want to move more south. Then, I hear about tornadoes, and the heat in some of those places and change my mind! And, while I want to move out of this area, I'm not 100% sure where I want to move to!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gets cold and messy where I live. I handle it, but there is a time and a season for everything...my guess is that season needs to change up here now!
Obviously, others are having the same problem...what a drag.
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Trim sends
//BT//

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Still no sign of spring around here. I guess I may as well put my clubs and spikes away for a while.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this bombing in Boston on PATRIOT'S DAY? Seems kind of strange to me. Maybe these guys are trying to tell us something. I think it is kind of creepy.

However, I am now passing around a petition to ban the sales of all pressure cookers and think that any one who owns a pressure cooker should be registered with the ATF. I mean if they get the idea that they can just kill whoever they want to with pressure cookers, I think there ought to be a ban on them as well. Maybe the Feds will want to confiscate all pressure cookers so that we can live in peace and safety.

What do you think of that? I seem to remember that the first shots fired during the War for Independence were fired in Massachussetts. Perhaps there is a problem...perhaps they want to divert our attention away from North Korea and keep us focused on things we can't do anything about. I wonder if this was an inside job and NO one in the LE community will ever find who did it?

OK, so we should also ban backpacks made of nylon too...since they say they found little pieces of nylon from a back pack in the debris.

Do you think they will lock us all down and come looking for our backpacks and our pressure cookers? I think we should call Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and get them to support an all out ban on pressure cookers so they won't be used for deadly weapons.

O by the way, who has access to explosive materials in this country? Might be a good place to start looking...or maybe the stuff got smuggled across the border by the unregistered democrats?

Just thinkin' out loud here...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And, that's the problem w/gun regulations. Even if you get rid of all the guns in the world, people will still find a way to kill others. Guns are not the problem. People are.

Latest posts