New here...

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Good News...
1. The sun has finally conquered the cold (at least for today) Yesterday it was 70F here. Hard to believe but I actually went outside and experienced it for myself.
2. Sounds like they caught the guy who did the bombing in Boston. Not a nice person. Apparently, his mother and brother were on the FBI "watch list" for terrorism. Hmmm, maybe there this something to what those guys in Quantico actually do, huh?
3. North Korea seems to have backed off a bit. While I have never agreed with the politics of John Kerry and I was glad he didn't get elected president, I imagine his experience in Viet Nam as a Naval Officer gave him a bit of an edge when he had to "explain the facts of life" to that little Korean president who thinks he is going to intimidate us. Kind of like a 3 year old with an expensive crystal glass that belongs to a 10th degree black best by threatening to break the glass. Even though the glass is fragile and may be irreplaceable, there is not any doubt about what will happen if the three year old takes a step that "awakens the sleeping giant". Perhaps, the education Kim jung-on received in Europe may have become useful in his ability to "hear" what Kerry had to say. Knowing you will be reduced to dust and glass regardless of where you think you will hide might be a deterrent in and of iteself...even to someone as mindless as this NK "dear leader"
Don't forget to keep your "important electronics" carefully protected by faraday cages just the same. Who's to say that Kim Jung-On will actually listen?

The Frost line is still not gone so water is accumulating on the ground...hence some flooding but not bad. If the heat comes fast enough maybe the water will seep into the ground and then farmers can get out into the fields and do their "farmer thing"
Hope you are all well and paying attention to what is going one out there "among them English" cause it ain't pretty!
Have any of you gotten out into your garden yet? I hope so. Here, it is not quite ready but should be soon. Hoooooraaaayyy!!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've gotten into it, but not as much as I need to. Between the weather and everything I need to get done, I'm behind.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope things are doing better now. Things up here are beginning to change. Grass is green...finally.

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Corn Woman said:
Thank you. Seems that I don't get much time to post here. I have been so busy with the new job that I just can't seem to find a moment to myself.
The weather seems like it has finally broken. We are having 70's now. It seems that the entire calendar has shifted a whole month.
The garden is languishing from not getting planted. O my!
Maybe one day soon I'll get a day off!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just quickly played catch up with your journal and I'm a bit late. Welcome. I can relate and yet not comprehend....I usually go about 15 years before I see snow. I live in zone 10. Hope you can accomplish a few SS projects in the very near future.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm late getting the garden in as well and work does pay more! Spring is just a very busy time. Who am I kidding :idunno seems we are all very busy in our pursuit of self sufficiency.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Corn Woman said:
I'm late getting the garden in as well and work does pay more! Spring is just a very busy time. Who am I kidding :idunno seems we are all very busy in our pursuit of self sufficiency.
Ain't that the truth! I'm late getting in my garden, but since I haven't even HAD a garden the past few years, it's good to FINALLY get one in!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
By now it is early summer and you should have some results of that garden. How is it going?

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
By now it is early summer and you should have some results of that garden. How is it going?
I got a whole lot of French Breakfast radishes from volunteer seed. They are pretty good but I guess the "after effects" are more than I had bargained for.
Got the entire place weeded yesterday so it looks like a garden rather than a weed patch...much better.

Latest posts