New Moratorium On Political Threads & Posts

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
In our experience, a political discussion section is like hanging up a huge neon sign that says:

"PLEASE TROLL & FLAME HERE!"

Again, let's see if we can get rid of all the problems, drama, flaming, etc. on the non-political threads first... then we'll feel more comfortable about opening up Pandora's box. ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Ann's a rock star!
Yes, she is! Love her!

I am with OFG, I won't be reading or participating in any political threads, based on what I've seen in the past. Whew. Too much stress in my life, I come here to relax and learn and share. Not to duck.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Nifty said:
Ann's a rock star!
Yes, she is! Love her!

I am with OFG, I won't be reading or participating in any political threads, based on what I've seen in the past. Whew. Too much stress in my life, I come here to relax and learn and share. Not to duck.
Word!

My $0.02 - for what it's worth
..... some of us have been at the receiving end of the drama/flaming just because we shared things in our journals - things that other people just come off with a "we know better than you and we can tell you exactly what you better do to fix yourself". It's very disheartening to be open, honest, and share, in hopes of showing others how to NOT end up where you are, and be attacked for the situation you're in WITHOUT them being able to see it in person. There's no learning in situations like that, just hurt feelings and a lot of bashing. And no, I don't believe the answer is to quit sharing, I believe the answer is to keep a body's snarky fingers off the keys until they can be nice.

DON'T HIT REPLY if what you're saying to someone isn't something you'd want someone to say to you.

I don't think we need the poli talks at all - it's bad enough some people feel the need to attack us on what's happening in our real lives, let alone what we may think or feel politically.

My real life is stressful enough without having to come here and worry that someone twisted something I posted and ran off with it.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
freemotion said:
Nifty said:
Ann's a rock star!
Yes, she is! Love her!

Word!
Ditto!

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks so much so this!! :hugs
I dropped my participation on a horse forum (NOT BackYardHerds--got my BFF's there) because I expressed my opinion on a thread there and was quoted, flamed and "white-knighted", and that included a Moderator. :rant

I could only say, "chuck u" to the elitists on that forum. RANT: There are a bunch of show people there, who have enough economic cushion to say, "WHAT recession?!?" Totally out of touch.

I joined THIS forum so I could communicate with other people that share tips in taking responsibility for themselves and celebrate other's victories!!

My goodness, you all even offer PM's, so we can disagree privately. I know that after a couple thousand posts (total on all four forums), I have resolved a few issues that way, and I am thankful to have it available.

We all need to take "Thumper's" advice: "If you can say anything nice, don't say anything at all."AND, keep comments on hot-button issues generic. :D

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I will also agree to no politics if the religious 'stuff' goes with it. I think neither are appropriate and both are completely without merit in the SS forum.

I, myself have made political comments so I am guilty. But I was never offended by any aimed in my direction.( I can't say the same of religious comments though...)

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Am I mistaken but isnt there a thread that is about bible study?

I choose to ignore it, being that I am not Christian. I am not offended at all. I think its great that those on this forum have a thread to link up to. I just don't open it. No harm no foul.

I have never thought to report that thread, ever.

I would like to know though, would another religion's thread be welcome?

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
Am I mistaken but isnt there a thread that is about bible study?

I choose to ignore it, being that I am not Christian. I am not offended at all. I think its great that those on this forum have a thread to link up to. I just don't open it. No harm no foul.

I have never thought to report that thread, ever.

I would like to know though, would another religion's thread be welcome?
Just wondering if you read the entire thread and looked at the dates. You opened up an old topic that had been resolved.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didnt feel that I was posting on a thread that was closed. I was asking a question I was curious about.

Have I done something wrong?

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You've done nothing wrong with posing a question.