New Moratorium On Political Threads & Posts

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
I didnt feel that I was posting on a thread that was closed. I was asking a question I was curious about.

Have I done something wrong?
this is an example of sending a PM to Nifty. privately ask if you can start a different religious thread like the bible study thread.
that way it wouldn't be thrown out in the open for 'some of our runaway debates' lol

I know a few people who did oppose the bible thread (in private pms to me)... not sure if they 'reported' it ever...but they didn't want to participate/and/or feel it appropraite to a SS forum..... but I think most did just allow it to happen without troubles. the old saying, don't post if ya are not interested.

so if I was you, send Nifty or any mod your question in private and start from there. seems best route to take when asking a biggie question.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
gotcha. FC.

And no you weren't harsh, Dacjohns. Its hard to understand inflections when they are written. There is an air of tension floating around here, so its hard to know.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I think everyone just needs to relax a bit. Not everyone agrees on how things should be done but that kind of debate on appropriate topics, like how to raise chickens for example, has gotten me some useful tips that I never would have come across if I hadn't read it here. I think that if you can't objectively reply to a topic then it is best for everyone that you don't even visit it. I hate that the "air of tension" is here but hopefully, everyone can chill out a bit and THINK before they respond.

I have made it a habit of rereading everything I have typed in a post before I hit reply and if I catch myself sometimes coming across the wrong way I am able to remove it before I hurt someone's feelings.

...just a suggestion.... :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are onto a better board! If we make it so......;)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We definitely want to support our members in anything that improves the community and makes it a place to express ideas and experiences in a way that doesn't offend.

Politics & Religion are often banned topics on many niche specific forums. I have many friends who run a plethora of niche sites (everything from saltwater tanks to car / truck forums) and many of them completely disallow politics and religion.

We'd like to allow both of these topics in free discussion, but every time we do the results have been disastrous. Fights ensue, reports come in by the hundreds, feelings are hurt, and people leave and/or never join.

Please help encourage us to have completely open discussions and less moderation (which we'd love). Be respectful and kind to your fellow members, even if you disagree with their opinions or dislike what they are doing / saying.