New 'scovy regs - have you seen? UPDATED with pic

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
they have an update to the proposed muscovy legislation over on BYC...has everyone checked it out? see that they are only accepting written (not email or fax) comments.

check it out and break out the paper and stamps:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=304055

as for me i cant even believe this is on the table. my birds couldnt fly with a first class ticket and a frequent flier card.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt 10% of the country still out of work? how many people have lost their homes? standing around complaining about ducks seems to be pretty stupid.. especially domesticated ducks who are a good source of meat.

for the places where the wild ducks are a problem.. why dont they just open a hunting season and feed the hungry people in their communities.

but what do i know?
;-)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
they have an update to the proposed muscovy legislation over on BYC...has everyone checked it out? see that they are only accepting written (not email or fax) comments.

check it out and break out the paper and stamps:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=304055

as for me i cant even believe this is on the table. my birds couldnt fly with a first class ticket and a frequent flier card.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt 10% of the country still out of work? how many people have lost their homes? standing around complaining about ducks seems to be pretty stupid.. especially domesticated ducks who are a good source of meat.

for the places where the wild ducks are a problem.. why dont they just open a hunting season and feed the hungry people in their communities.

but what do i know?
;-)
Before they were claiming that Muscovies were migrating ducks (No Way) and were trying to regulate them under international rules. I haven't seen the new regs so I won't comment.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I've been following the topic on BYC. The ignorance of the fed on this is incredible, yet not surprising.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey WZ! hoped you'd chip in...what say you?

btw, my birds couldnt migrate if i packed a lunch, put 'em up in the truck, filled up twice, and drove to florida myself

Wifezilla

Reaction score
My opinion is that if certain areas have trouble with scovies, they just need to let people trap, net or shoot them. If the general public knew how tasty they were there wouldn't be an over population problem at all, would there?

:D

I bought Welsh Harlequins because they are worse fliers than your birds. I think the only way mine could fly is if they were shot out of a canon. If noise gets to be an issue with my neighbors, I would switch to scovies in a heart beat. Since I have a covered pen nomore.w I don't have to worry about flying any

Wifezilla

Reaction score
There are a bunch of invasive species you keep hearing people complain about...
From scovies, to nutria to those flying carp. Turns out they are all perfectly delicious. All the state has to do is release instructions on proper gutting along with a list of recipes, and BOOM! No problem!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
just so's ya know.. this is public enemy #1..

657_pub_ene2.jpg

i know. be afraid.. be very very afraid.

actually as we were driving around today i was thinking that we oughta get McDonalds involved. they could come up with a McDuck sandwich and sell it on their Dollar Menu.

that would solve this grievous and earth shaking problem.

;-)

Latest posts