Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I agree OFG!

And who could not love a face like this;

043-2.jpg

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Man, I REALLY want to get 'scovies before they make it impossible. I'm in TX too. Saw an ad last spring on CL to get 'em before it was illegal for $145 a pair!!!!!!

I'm afraid I could never pay that. All I gotta do is walk casually by the local drive-in hamburger place near the water -- there are three scovies living there that beg food from people all day. I'd be tempted except being raised on a diet of fast food burgers -- probably NOT healthy birds!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, but you can bring them home, switch them over to a better diet over a few days, and then breed them. The next generation will be fine! Go for it!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, I would actually doubt they sold any at that price

I just might go kidnap -- err ducknap -- those scovies! I could give them a better life, I think.

If nothing else maybe I can have some shipped to relatives across state lines and go get them. I really want them for meat and to see if they will set goose eggs for me.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I dont really understand the whole deal but all I know is that I have 4 Muscovy ducklings in the garage.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
just so's ya know.. this is public enemy #1..

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/657_pub_ene2.jpg

i know. be afraid.. be very very afraid.

actually as we were driving around today i was thinking that we oughta get McDonalds involved. they could come up with a McDuck sandwich and sell it on their Dollar Menu.

that would solve this grievous and earth shaking problem.

;-)
Don't know, the cuteness could actually kill ya!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
freemotion said:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SKR8PN, git yer gun and come quick! :ep
All I gotta do to get me a free 'scovie (or a dozen) is drive over to my buddy Jerry's farm. His brother has about 3 dozen of them free ranging over there with the cattle! :clap