New subs :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
8ae14fa8a39a7bd9c39a4f51bc90c92f--truck-memes-car-memes.jpg
Told my wife I needed new subs to break up kidney stones :)

ebf267a0d212eda3abf56f3dcdf6fbd6--car-audio-shops-auto-audio.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got back from breaking up some more kidney stones :) I was thinking maybe Kim should be a bass head - since it would occupy some of all that time he has on his hands. He looks pretty good with long hair too.

IMG_20170911_222022.jpg

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmmmmm....I rarely even turn the radio on when I drive. You're one of the types I cuss when they stop alongside & rattle my car or make me look for what is rattling. To each his own, I say.

BUT, you do great woodwork!! Great gardening!! Good granddad!! Surprised you aren't deaf!! :th :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Could be the old age deafness is WHY you need the loud speakers? :D Folks can think you are cool instead of knowing you are just growing hard of hearing.

I've lived out in the quiet so long that loud noises like that actually hurt my ears now, so that would drive me into hiding. I don't even allow excessive barking or crowing at my place, so that racket would make me want to bring out the shotgun! o_O

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Maybe the Fountain of Youth isn't a fountain at all. Maybe it's a way of looking at things. A way of thinking."
Charles Whitley
Character In The Twilight Zone - Kick The Can"
That's a pretty good one!

I heard another one last night on The Voice that I want to remember....by Billy Ray Cyrus, lol.

"Live life like there is no box." I sometimes need to be reminded of that!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband of 21 years had a rock n' roll band, The Bobbies, back in his day.

I had to dig around on the internet to find anything about him, but I found a few things. Click on this link and scroll to the 4th paragraph. Click on Destroyed in blue. That's him.

http://www.sirshambling.com/articles/quinvy_4/index.php

And this was his hit song. He doesn't even have a copy of it anymore, someone made a video and posted it on you tube.

And I found this interview that he is mentioned in, Bobby Heathcote. He and his band toured with the Dick Clark Caravan of Stars. Since you seem to be from this same era or close to it, you might enjoy reading it.

http://home.unet.nl/kesteloo/in.html

He had to get out of the music business for health reasons. It was too stressful, he collapsed on stage and his doctor told him quit or die with a heart attack. He quit.

All this was before I ever knew him, but he still loves music. What you said about being an old rocker made me think about him and post what I could find on him for you to listen to.

Love 60's psychedelia - groovy. Thanks for posting this... Hope to meet you guys one of these days. You both sound like some fun people to be around.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'd show this thread to my 18 year old but... he's 18.:lol:
@CrealCritter I'll be driving through not too far from you today. Maybe I just have to follow the bass to find your place?? I would think your truck just might be a very effective critter (the 4 legged kind) deterrent where you live.
Could the vibrations be loosening other electrical or/important connections in your truck? The subwoofer episode would have looking for other possible loose wires, and not just those associated with the sound system. Im glad to hear you didn't have a fire, but maybe it's a warning.
My son and I were diverted in Chicago once for a car on fire on an overpass. All lanes were funnelled into two lines around the fire. It was before the fire trucks got there. My son's concern was that the pizza delivery guy next to us was going to end up delivering a free pizza because there was no way he could delivery it in time. :lol:
Lol, with the vibrations you're talking about, I'd be our checking the lug nuts in my wheels! :lol: