New subs :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Could be the old age deafness is WHY you need the loud speakers? :D Folks can think you are cool instead of knowing you are just growing hard of hearing.

I've lived out in the quiet so long that loud noises like that actually hurt my ears now, so that would drive me into hiding. I don't even allow excessive barking or crowing at my place, so that racket would make me want to bring out the shotgun! o_O

You made me laugh thanks I needed that

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I call people like you Thumpers. We used to live one block from a 4 lane major highway. Thumpers would go down the road and I could feel my bones vibrating, sitting in my house!

I worked in welding shops and machine shops when I was younger, I don't like lots of noise now. I used to hunt and shoot a lot, but I went and got some ear muffs for the bang. Don't hunt now, 8 acres just ain't enough.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to roll the windows down, let my hair fly and blast the radio for all it was worth. I'm a little hard of hearing now and my ears ring.....oh what the hell, life ain't no good if you ain't living it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a pretty good one!

I heard another one last night on The Voice that I want to remember....by Billy Ray Cyrus, lol.

"Live life like there is no box." I sometimes need to be reminded of that!

That is a good one also even if it was by Billy Ray :lol I think in all honesty we all need to be reminded from time to time. I know when I start getting all "old" about something. I catch myself and think about it a little then I come to the conclusion that I'm thinking about it all wrong... I tell you one thing it keeps my stress level down that's for sure! A wise man once told me "if it's hard - it's wrong" I also try and live that day to day. Always more than one way to skin a cat.

I've been blessed to always have "wise" men in my life. All you gotta do is just sit back, listen and learn from these wise people.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My words of wisdom that I live by; I won't get old until I die and it will be too late to worry about it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well i was over at my daughter's with my wife this evening. My daughter plays bass in a loud band and based the the brief conversation my daughter and wife had about my car stereo. I've decided I've taken it as far as I want to go for the time being...

My wife comments "I don't know how he can even hear after listening to that radio" my daughter's comments "Yeah I can't even see when he turns it up, everything becomes blurry, my teeth rattle and it makes my ribs hurt, not to.mention if you open up a window my hair flys all over the place" My comment... who needs a hair dryer? Just jump in the truck drop the bass and wham your hair is dry in one song but it's a tangled mess. Both my daughter and wife didn't find that funny. My daughter then said dad you ever heard of death bass? Well if you keep building that stereo out, that's what your gonna have death bass.

So I decided I'm done for now... 12 door speakers & two dual voice coil subwoofers really equals like 16 speakers in the cab of my truck. 1/0 welding cable rated at 350 amps to a 2600 watt class AB 6 channel amplifer to drive the 12 door speakers and a 2400 watt class D 2 channel amplifer to drive the 4 subwoofers voice coils is enough for now. But man I could go so much further... I must control my urge though :(

images.jpeg

Last edited:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, I opened this thread not really knowing what you were talking about. I'm not into listening to music like that. It's too loud and hurts my ears. To me, a sub is a sandwich and I was curious to see what kind of sub you got.