Reaction score
Julie this is GREAT !!!!

thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!

and excellent step by steps too
:)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The kids and i made some out of pureed paper and water. They haven't dried yet since I set them out on the porch and it rained on them but they held together which is a good sign. We're still in the experiemental stage with them since I couldn't find directions on how to do it anywhere.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
question:
couldn't you just make these with strips of newspaper, and a flour/water mix like paste?

for the life of me I can't think of what it's called. we used this method to make dd's solar system with ballons.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Paper mache?

You could, but then you couldn't do it mindlessly in front of the tube just to keep your hands busy. :p

Hi Okiegirl!! :frow

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Paper mache?

You could, but then you couldn't do it mindlessly in front of the tube just to keep your hands busy. :p

Hi Okiegirl!! :frow
Hey woman!

after I typed this I had a "DUH" moment. I'll bet'cha when you go to water your seedlings, your pots will fall apart. duh!

sorry, been sick the last few days and still not thinking clearly.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yep, this is a great idea. makes me feel a bit silly for buying those seed starter cups at Lowes. impulse buy!

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
okiegirl1,

Hope you feel better.

You're trading time vs doing it yourself, and it does take time, so maybe buying the pots is a better way for some people to go because at least you are ready to start your own seeds and ready to get your garden in! And you're thinking ahead:).

I don't mind making them, but have set a little goal of making 10 a day. I thought I would have plenty of time to make them in the winter............ but time keeps getting away from me. I can make 10 easily in 15 minutes, so it's a good break to listen to the radio and just sit! It would be a great activity to do during a TV program, but we gave up TV to save money.

Maybe practice doing a few and see if you even like it. Plant a few extra seeds in the pots and you'll have something to give away to brighten someone's day.

YardFarmer Julie