Next years self sufficiency project

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Wow girl, you've got a lot going on!! I know how you mean about the garden and the weeds. This year was my first, and I was trying so hard in the beginning to keep every single weed out, but in the end, as long as I could still see the veggies, I was good! LOL

I'm thinking of expanding my garden specifically for the Farmer's Market. I've kept a journal of sorts this year, so maybe next year will go more smoothly. I don't have as many animals as you (although I would like to), so I have maybe a minute or to to spare for the garden..:D

Getting back on topic....I don't have a plan. I plan for tomorrow the night before and let the chips fall where they may!! :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
....I don't have a plan. I plan for tomorrow the night before and let the chips fall where they may!!
****Yup after 10 years of trying to control mother nature and the farm...I realized I can't..LOL
So I let it go easy now..not pushing to have this or that for the farmers market etc....if I have it, the customers get it, if I don't, then OH WELL..HA HA

Hey farmers markets can make ya GREAT money. I do about $1500 per week at the market. We do full scale farming of course but there is real money in it.....and it is fun to socialize also..to talk with people about how you grow, what ya do etc...cause they are far removed from the earth now in their subdivisions...LOL