NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I find it easier to constantly work at keeping numbers manageable, then it's not an overwhelming task. My husband sometimes thinks I'm a bit excessive in that way but hey, once the pigs and the extra chickens are gone we should be under $100/month for all animals, including the dogs who eat $40 worth of food a month (not including hay). So.... Worth it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
0627171019a_HDR.jpg
0627171020b.jpg
This guy will not stand still. Best I can do for today!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Isn't he cute?

DH is up the road helping his boss hay, in exchange for hay. Woohoo! Run a tractor in exchange for hay? Uh... Yeah!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Run a tractor in exchange for hay? Uh... Yeah!
Sign me up!

I'm laughing here because my D-I-L just called me and wanted me to give her puppy a shot because neither she nor my son can do it. I told them I'd be glad to do it - but in exchange my son has to look at the tractor. I love a good trade, lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are trading feeding and caring for a pig that belongs to our hay supplier in exchange for hay.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well we have what is about 1/3 of a year's supply of hay from this one field. Yay! I want to up my supply because spring will be my first kidding season so it's more like 1/4 of what I would like. So, just 3 more fields like that and we won't have to pay for hay. How nice would that be?

Still waiting for the pigs' time to come. Getting really sick of feeding pigs, watering them 3-4 times a day, listening to them squeal every time I walk outside. I'm sick of smelling them. I'm just sick of pigs. So glad I talked DH out of breeding them. NO way do I want them around full time! I love visiting our friend's pig farm... But I don't in any way want to be a pig farmer!

I'm sick of free range chickens too but I'll leave that for another day for fear of sounding like an epic complainer!

Little Clifford is really coming out of his shell. Now I'm training him not to jump on people! He's going to be WAY too big (and bucky) for that nonsense!