NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's that wonderful feeling of accomplishment that you get when you look at your full pantry and just knowing that you CAN do it.... Of course going to the grocery store can sometimes elicit that accomplished feeling too, lol!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You need a day off!

Yeah, pantry of food, new chicks, fresh milk & eggs, watching your kids hug a new goat....some days just happen. Some days things touch your soul and you know it is "right" to do this.

There were evenings when I sat in the hot tub, on the sun porch, wine & stars everywhere -- got the same great feeling! LOL Some days just happen. But the hot tub was momentary & my animals were far more caring. No longer have the hot tub.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is worth it because you can never go back to living in the city with neighbors so close together that you can spit on their house from your yard. It is worth it because you have a damn good life, you are living the life that others can only dream about. Take a deep breath, it will be ok.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I DO need a day off! I'm just tired, and mildly frustrated. Nothing that won't pass! Gotta go deal with my scouring buckling this morning. He's not going to like me cleaning him up in the slightest! Neither of us is going to enjoy that...

I have peas! My plants didn't grow very big but there are peas on them. Don't think we'll get too many but we'll get some anyway. I've never had great luck growing peas. Just beans. We always have lots of beans.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He's actually not scouring badly at this point. He is acting normal and doesn't look any more poopy than he did at bedtime last night. I have my probiotics and electrolytes ready though. Sending DH to get him a bale of the old hay we were using before. I'll watch him for a bit after he's all cleaned up shortly here and see how it's coming out!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just found a pile of feathers. Black and white feathers. Dominique feathers. I have 8 cull hens and 2 purebred dominique hens... So of course it's my luck a keeper is missing. I heard a bunch of hens squawking this morning but ignored them, because they have been doing that all the time lately. Ugh, off to see if we can find a sign of anything.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And I just found another pile and headcount matches, 2 shy. Totally different part of the property too.

Latest posts