NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow that's terrifying! I dare say you deserved more than online shopping for that experience!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sweet! How far did you make it? My daughter was born at 36.5 weeks. That was a surprise. Midwife #1 said it doesn't mean it'll happen again, midwife #2 said she'll be ordering my 36 week tests early because it might. Sigh, who knows. Other than jaundice, no issues for DD.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
39 weeks, 2 days according to the doctor. However, I am brilliant enough to know that fertilization can't happen without sperm so their estimate was no less than 6 days off. I was out of state the week they insisted we'd conceived. They could not be convinced I was SO annoyed! So 38 weeks, 3 days! LOL!

Second one I was getting harassed for induction because baby measured very, very small on the last ultrasound. Add intrauterine growth restriction to the list of complications. I had to go in for stress tests every other day and a very long ultrasound once or twice weekly - I forget. It was ridiculous. Ultrasound ended up being off by 2 pounds!! Oops!

This conversation reminds me how much I am DONE with making babies. (DH wants at least 2 more. Hah!). But if an accident happens, I will be declining a whole lot of prenatal care. Caused more stress than it's worth. They just harass, and then when there's a problem they can't do anything about it anyway (except at the end, but then the solution is a c-section). :shudder:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You do not seem to be made for making babies! Holy moly! I am so done after this, not for health reasons but for sanity reasons! That and I'll be pushing advanced maternal age after this one so, I don't want to deal with any of that.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh so, yesterday while blueberry picking DD says (loudly enough for people to hear) "We're running out of pork in the freezer- we better butcher that pig!" lol yes.... I guess you're right. This older lady picking near us was cracking up! My mom just shakes her head...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think (and really hope!) the turkeys are going tonight. We'll be going from 6 to 3, which is helpful. And they're currently in 3 separate pens, and we'll be down to 1.

I have a hen who decided to go broody yesterday. Not gonna happen, that would put us into winter and I'm not risking that. Should have thought of this a month ago, chicken!

DH ended up working most of last weekend so I'm hoping he's home this weekend because we need to get ready to butcher that pig, and we're behind on hoof trimnings, and all the portable pens need to be moved. Too much to do, no time!