NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I bet! I can't wait to have bacon! And corn will be ready before too long so now I have corn chowder on the brain!

He seems to think he can get it into working order (sink and shower) tomorrow. We'll see about that... Then we'll have some flooring to deal with, and build a few shelves. Shouldn't be too bad.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. We re-did the bathroom formerly known as the "kids" bathroom several years back. We re-did the kitchen after Hurricane Ike. The master bath is next. I want to rip out the tub and put in a walk-in shower for my old age, lol. Guess someday I'll have to put in one of those chair-lifts too so I can get up the stairs to use the new bathroom! Design flaw in this house - only full baths are upstairs. Ugh.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It will be so nice to have a new bathroom. The process might not be any fun, but it will be worth it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
When my DS was a tiny baby I put him in a carry cot under a tree in the garden, so I can work and keep an ear on him at the same time. We also bought a carrier that I can put him in and carry him while keeping my hands free. That thing got a lot of mileage!

Hope the new bathroom will be functional for you soon-soon :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our next project is to rip out the carpet in the bedroom and put in hardwood floors. Carpet is disgusting, especially with kids and dogs. It'll be a bit though because of the giant amount of farm projects pending!

We are also going to move all the kid toys/structures (swingset/slide, giant sandbox, etc) into the backyard, right next to the main garden, and fence it in. So the kids and dogs will be more easily watchable and I can work in the garden more easily. That'll be the next project after the barn is up.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have all these great projects working, organized and new baby on way....does that mean you all have decided to not move? Or just put on hold? I could deal with most things, just not the cold weather & snow you have there. LOL When you get old, you get cold!

My summer heat would be unpleasant for you from what you say & it's all part of what we are used to living with -- adaptation. The summers here are ok for most of the time. About a month of OMG heat -- humidity is here, also, which is worse than the actual heat temps.

Well, I am excited for you -- a new bathroom and BARN (mainly, the barn!) will make you feel so very good. :clap

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know, DH wants to move but I have my doubts it would happen very quickly anyway. So I'm going to make myself comfortable here in the meantime! I can't wait for my barn either!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Taxes are slated to go up an additional 6.5% this year though.... Ughh that's without the new assessment and having the barn tacked on.

Latest posts