NH Homesteader's journal

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband has been buying coffee and lunch all week. That is not going to fly with my budgeting.
It sure does add up quickly. I can save around $200 a month by bringing my lunch. Ten - 12 dollars a day for lunch out adds up very quickly...ugh. I've been pretty good lately about bringing it instead of buying it. And, most of the time my food is healthier anyway!

Supposed to be 91 on Sunday, then down to a high of 63 on Friday. Yay NH... I hope this is the last of the heat cause I'm all done.
Ditto that!!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm ready for cooler weather here too. I actually shut the windows and put the AC back on today because it was sooo muggy! (I HATE using AC). Our 8 layers gave us 1 egg today. UGH! They were all stretched out in the shade and the dirt. Supper was cereal at 9 pm.
We save about $200 or more a month when we can shut off the AC. (That would pay for a lot of lunches... Or gas...or feed...)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
$200? Wow!! Our a/c costs less to run than the blower for our heat. We just have window a/c though.

Going apple picking this morning. Going to have some apple crisp tonight!!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are trying out a new pick your own orchard today. Not buying too many though, because DH just found someone who told him to take as many as we want from his trees. I always kind of feel like a tourist at the orchards, lol but DD likes it

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope so too! This orchard is... Meh, ok. Like my usual one way better!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Uh oh! :hugs

2 year old bad day here. I can relate! We went to a farm stuff auction and DS2 had LOUD screaming thrashing tantrums about tractors. Wants to sit on the tractor, no the orange tractor not the red tractor, someone else is sitting on the white tractor and every time he had to get off a tractor. Oh my! :eek: We didn't stay long!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol! DD is mostly fine now. It's an issue I should have dealt with a long time ago pertaining to grandparents. My mother has spoiled her forever and when she tries to say no... It doesn't end well. She has always given in before DD got really out of control. Well today she decided to crack down and was shocked at how well it didn't go over. Duh. I've been in need of some family "space" for a while now but I'm too nice to say anything... I'm going to have to now. Before my too-blunt husband does it for me! Lol

Anyway now DD and I are home and she's mostly fine. just a little whiny. Ughhh family.